2020 Torque 371, Some of the Mods I did the week we got our new shiny rig home

Kc9ojn

20200602_093726.jpgPut in a repeater so the wife can work any where we are.

20200602_093715.jpg32" TV and mount in the garage for the girls. I wanted to hit at least 3 studs and distribute the weight across the wall, I routed the edges and used dutch oil to give it a nice finish. Kids just love they have there own TV in the new camper. No appreciation for my wood working skills lol.
20200602_093658.jpgOne more mounting board and a 50" smart TV. Wife at least appreciates the woodwork
20200602_093746.jpg added A 3M stick on shelf to my side of the bed as well as an wall outlet so I can charge the sell phone and such
20200602_124638.jpg Also put a PVC Stinky slinky holder

20200602_124656.jpg Our 35 gal blue buddy I use to empty the gray tanks because I have girls in the camper fits nice and snug with the spare tire. Let me know what ya think and other mods you all deem as a must.

Blessings

Rod & Rhonda Davis

scayne62

Can you tell me what you did to add the outlet, that is one of my biggest complaints in our bedroom is there not being an outlet on my side of the bed.

Kc9ojn

Can you tell me what you did to add the outlet, that is one of my biggest complaints in our bedroom is there not being an outlet on my side of the bed.
As a network guy I am comfortable running wire and hooking things up so you have to be comfortable with fishing wire "an easy job in this camper" and hooking up a standard 110 outlet.

Things you will need.
2 standard outlets
2 outlet covers
2 outlet boxes that are non stud , The ones with the wings that you can screw in and the wings snug up on the wall, make sure that the wings go all the way to the in. The wall is not a standard thickness so if you don't get one that goes all the way in you will have to shim it somehow.
1 screw driver prob flat head
1 wall outlet template , not totally necessary but very helpful. Its a little plastic square that has small nails on the back that mark were you should cut your hole for the box
small wall tape or something stiff to fish through the wall. 2 people a straightened wire hanger and long arms will work.
Buzz saw of some sort, you have to be able to cut the hole for the outlet.
Wire rated for 20 amps at least, as the breaker for the bedroom is 15 amp.
A phillips screwdriver Unless the panels in your rig are Roberston.
Maybe a Roberston Bit Square head screwdriver. Same square headed screws in the rest of the rig.
Tape Measure

SHUT POWER TO BEDROOM OFF. I just killed all power with main breaker when I did mine.
If you look up in your cabinets above your bed you should see to square panels on each side of the bed.
Take the 2 panels off. Poof large open space. Pull the old outlet out. Measure how far up and away from the wall the original outlet is and try to get close on the other side using the template mark and cut your hole. You will have to make the hole a little bigger on the original side to except the new wall box. Now using the space up above fish your wire from one side to the other. Now put in the new boxes, make sure to run your wire in them first before putting them in the wall. Then snug them down. Wire up your outlets and install them in the boxes test with volt meter and put on the outlet covers if all looks good. Not a hard mod at all, just take your time and pay attention to the details, we are working with electricity.

430384d697323e59f4b73c86b27e631e.jpg
e5fff732b96c7c565287774c931f9c2a.jpg

Sent from my SM-T867V using Tapatalk