Cabinet drawer slides

In my life as a tool salesman, I remember that the roller bearing drawers on the tool boxes would open and close when you went around corners if the box was not locked. I love the idea of roller bearing drawers but has anyone had a problem with them opening up during transit? I don't see a way to lock the drawers and the "detent" seems rather soft. thanks Barney

HTWT

HTWT
Barney,

I had my dealer add drawer locks to all sliding doors, including the pantry and dresser. Some of them are a little tight, I think I'll try and loosen them a little this year. I must have one of the earlier versions of the 3400 as I have had quite a few "little" things worked on. My dealer is VERY supportive and if your dealer is like mine, they will install all that stuff for free. HTWT:)

timk

Barney,
Some of our drawers would come open in transit. I put one little magnetic catch on each drawer to help out the factory detent. Haven't had a problem since.
TimK

phranc

Had couple of drawers in the kitchen slide out a little and the big drawer under the reefer would come out . Oh yeah the pantry would slide out some also.. Well I repositioned the lock on the pantry and that was fixed . Made absolutly,double sure all kit drawers were tight shut against the detent and that took care of that problem..Trailer rides pretty soft and not much moves around..
I would not trade those full extension drawers for any thing(well almost anything, I would keep the dogs ) Seriosly now, can you see yourself on your hands and knees getting a pot cover out of a bottom cupboard with a door on it instead of a full extension slide ??
Seems very early in the threads somewhere Scott posted a fix for the 'soft detent'..

Tom of Ypsi

I believe the fix Phranc is referring to is where the drawer slides taper the slide can be tappered a little more with a pair of plyers. This will make the slide hold the drawer in place whle traveling. If not taper it a little more, should be snug not real tight.

Fishingicon

Kitchen Drawers come open

I picked up my BH 3055 from K & C RV Friday and drove it home, about 100 miles on freeway. When we parked and went inside we noticed 2 of the drawers open in the kitchen. The one on the right side of the stove was all the way open. We are putting our silverware it that one.
There were also a couple open in the bedroom.
Is there some type of over-center device or tension device that I need to adjust to solve this problem, I really don't want to drag the BH 200 miles round trip to have the dealer check it out?
We have been dealing with K&C RV since January when we made our deal at the Denver RV show. We have been very satisfied with their support and service.