21FBS Bathroom Fan

parallon

Hello all. I have a 2009 NT 21FSB, and upon turning on the fan the other day, it "blew" the blades right off. Can someone say "dry rot"? Anyhow, does anyone happen to know who the manufacturer or part number for that fan is? Hopefully I can replace just the blade.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Are you talking about the ceiling vent fan? If so you would be much better off installing a Fantastic Vent Fan or a Heng's Vortex Fan.

Peace
Dave

parallon

Are you talking about the ceiling vent fan? If so you would be much better off installing a Fantastic Vent Fan or a Heng's Vortex Fan.

Peace
Dave

Dave, thanks for your reply. Yep, the exhaust fan above the toilet. I will look into the two options that you provided. Are they pretty easy to replace? Modifications needed? Roof repair?

Thanks again,

Mike

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I've replaced a couple of fans. The hardest part is removing the old caulk on the roof.
You already have the power wires in place.
There are YouTube videos of the installation that should answer your questions.

Peace
Dave

rhodies1

Dave, thanks for your reply. Yep, the exhaust fan above the toilet. I will look into the two options that you provided. Are they pretty easy to replace? Modifications needed? Roof repair?

Thanks again,

Mike

If you go with the vortex fan, you Do Not have to remove the fan assembly from the roof. Just take the old fan guts down from the inside, leaving cover and framework alone..the new vortex fan guts will install in the same framework from the inside. It’s very easy,been there and done that.

parallon

If you go with the vortex fan, you Do Not have to remove the fan assembly from the roof. Just take the old fan guts down from the inside, leaving cover and framework alone..the new vortex fan guts will install in the same framework from the inside. It’s very easy,been there and done that.

That's good to know. Still just as effective as the Fantastic Vent?

Mike

parallon

yes,they are a little more noisy but work well.you can get single speed or various speed . Mine is 3 forward and 2 reverse

I am looking on the Hengs website. Looks like I will want the Vortex 1, although not sure which one?

[h=5][/h]

• 71112V-C - Vortex I: Universal 12-Volt – 9″ Blade
  • 71115V-C - Vortex I: Universal 12-Volt CSA – 9″ Blade
  • 90043-CR - Vortex I & II: Replacement Fan Kit – 9″ Blade Vortex I FanWhite

Mike

[h=5][/h]

[h=5][/h]