Newbie just starting out

I just picked up my new cyclone. I had planned to add solar before I picked it up but well doing the orientation the guy said non of the AC, appliances or outlets will work on solar. Is this correct and any way to change it. The AC is fine but outlets? What does actually run off solar? I planned more boondocking then RV sites. I do have a generator but I don't want to run it 24/7.

Oregon_Camper

Solar will charge your batteries

Batteries can power an Inverter

Inverter can create 110v power to your outlets.

Now, it can really start to add up, but I HIGHLY recommend you start small...with something like a portable solar system. I have a LOT of solar on the roof of our Bighorn, but I still use my portable unit about every trip, as trees make shade...share is bad for solar. Having a portable unit will allow you to take it out into direct sunlight.

Here is a video I did for portable solution...there are many on the market. Cheap ones won't produce much power...so my recommendation is to purchase a quality solar solution.

https://youtu.be/N4Mm3pPU5W4

danemayer

I just saw the solar option for Landmark 365. It's a factory install option. Battery power goes through an inverter and a transfer switch to an electrical sub-panel located in the battery compartment. The sub-panel has three 120V AC circuit breakers that feed the residential refrigerator, the outlets at the living room TV, and the outlets on each side of the bed. This means that the trailer wiring differs when you order the solar option.

If you want other outlets active, you first need to determine what you want to run, figure out the power demand, and select components to deliver what you want. You'll have an entirely different set of components and wiring from what the factory option includes.

Several people on the forum have added large solar installations. They'll probably chime in shortly with advice.

I just saw the solar option for Landmark 365. It's a factory install option. Battery power goes through an inverter and a transfer switch to an electrical sub-panel located in the battery compartment. The sub-panel has three 120V AC circuit breakers that feed the residential refrigerator, the outlets at the living room TV, and the outlets on each side of the bed. This means that the trailer wiring differs when you order the solar option.

If you want other outlets active, you first need to determine what you want to run, figure out the power demand, and select components to deliver what you want. You'll have an entirely different set of components and wiring from what the factory option includes.

Mine has the solar prep from the factory but if you plug into what they have here the outlets will never work with batteries. So I guess I'll be starting all over from scratch then. Glad to know its possible. Thank you