Local dealer closed

Hi all, I have not been on here in a while...I am still looking at the Landmark as one of my top 3 choices. My local dealer in Springfield, Ohio went out of business...they are the only ones close who carried the Heartland. They were over in Richmond Indiana as well. I am wanting the "Oakmont" model...I really love that lay out...I have not been able to see one in person. There is an RV show this winter in Columbus and nearby Dayton, Ohio...I am going to research to see if there will be any Heartland units available, and hopefully the Landmark.......In all honesty, when I buy something, anything for that matter, I am not what you call real loyal, I just like what I see and buy it...(NOT BEFORE DOING SOME RESEARCH ON MAJOR TYPE PURCHASES) So of course, I would like to hear from people how structually sound the Landmark is from their experience...I have read the brochures...Do they look as good in person? On my research I have seen the Oakmont priced anywhere from 57,900.00-74,800.00...each having the same options. I will have to find the Oakmont within a 100 mile radius and see it in person...I guess in my opinion, they look (Landmark) just as good as a Mobile Suites, Hitch Hiker Champaign, Excel, Carri-Lite....but what do these particular units have that the Landmark does not, to warrant the big price difference that I have been seing when I look them all up on the internet?

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
bigdadgary,
We recently upgraded to a Landmark Augusta. It is an awesome rig and we are very glad we did it. Should be our last one for a while. We happened to buy ours from Best Buy before they went out of business. I do know that Couch's Campers is a Heartland dealer but they do not carry Landmarks in stock but could order one. I would recommend a visit to Indiana and go on a factory tour. Heartland is about 4 hours away from Dayton and well worth the trip. I have seen the Oakmont in person during our Heartland Owner's Rally in Branson. It is a really nice unit and has alot of nice features. I really like the rear den area myself.

Good luck,
Mark

mike3fan

There is a Heartland dealer on I-75 around Findlay not sure of the name,but I pass it all the time in the truck. Not sure if they have Landmarks but they have Cyclones and the rest from what I can see.

Cheryl

Jim May is in Findlay. He doesn't have an Oakmont, but he does have an Augusta. It is the only Landmark he has right now. We had ours out there for some repairs (due to tredit rim failure). We were considering trading our Golden Gate in on the Augusta, but we can't get Heartland to pay to fix a crack in it, even though they have known about the problem since summer of 2006, while still under warranty.
http://www.jimmayrv.com/