Washer bouncing when traveling..

Reneet14

I have a 2016 Madison Landmark and the washer / dryer combo is located in the rear closet.. When traveling the trailer bounces to the point that the washer drum inside the washer bounces and tears the washer up every time we travel.. Does anyone have a solution to this problem..

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I've heard of a few people having the same problem with their Madison floor plan.
I'm not sure there was a real solution as the rear of our trailers get the most bounce.
I think that strapping the washer down tight for travels was the best idea.

Peace
Dave

bwdt

Just a suggestion, upgrade the suspension and add shock absorbers to it. This should limit the bounce.

Hollandt

I have a 2016 Madison Landmark and the washer / dryer combo is located in the rear closet.. When traveling the trailer bounces to the point that the washer drum inside the washer bounces and tears the washer up every time we travel.. Does anyone have a solution to this problem..

Just a thought that you may want to check the balance on your tires. You could have a tire severely out of balance??

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
On older rigs, the shape of the springs indicated problems. If they don’t still have a U-shape under load, they’re shot. Comes from using poor grade Chinese steel. In most cases, the way they mounted the shock absorbers made them more of a decoration than a functional part.
Check the torque on all suspension bolts to be sure nothing is loose and shifting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

centerline

too stiff of springs for the load is the usual culprit of the stiff ride at the rear of a trailer....

a spring that is too stiff is too much like a solid mounted axle...and one that is too soft will bottom out when an extreme bump is encountered....
one that is just right will have nearly full movement, and will be able to use that movement to minimize the harsh ride of the load by losing some of the jarring from the road, in the movement of the springs...

its not the easy up and down bounce/movement of the trailer that causes the issue, but the sudden jarring movement of it when a bump is encountered with stiff springs....

install softer springs so that the axles can have a little more movement, independently of the frame... this will dampen the shock that is transfered from the axles, thru the springs to the trailer frame, and then add shock absorbers to control the axle movement under the extreme conditions that commonly occur on our "modern" highways at the speeds we travel...