Pin box brand and model

nscaler2

Scott,
We placed and order for a Bighorn 3055rl. I am thinking of upgrading the pin box to a Mor/ryde or posssibly a trailaire. What I need to know is they brand and model of the pin box Heartland is installing on these units at the present time. Ordering one of the others requires this data to get an exact match.
Thanks
Tom & Bobbi :)

Fordsd250

I have a BH 3500RL and a label is on the pin box with the info you are looking for. I was considering changing out the pin box and found this info on the label.

tcbrady

The upgrade option for a BIGHORN is the Trail Air Hitch. If you were to upgrade to this hitch after market you would need to order the Trail Air Hitch for a Lippert 1621 frame.

thanks, Coley

Scott

Hitch Options

Like Coley mentioned, Heartland only offers the Trail-Air hitch as an option from the factory.
IF you were leaning towards the Mor/Ryde hitch, that is something you could do on your own, and they would just need to know that same Lippert frame number as well.

ST

nscaler2

Coley, Scott,
Thanks for the quick reply. Had I known that the Trail Air was an option, I would have had my dealer include it in the order. I wasn't made aware of it. Our 3055rl is currently on order. The order was placed on 2-20. Thanks for your help.
Tom and Bobbi

jpmorgan37

Hi Tom;
I ordered my Grand Canyon without the Trail Air hitch option and instead opted for Firestone Ride Rite air bags instead, mostly on the suggestion from friends that have them. I am not the least be sorry as they have really softened the ride and am able to adjust the level of the truck, according to the load. They were easy to install with simple hand tools in a couple of hours.

Scott

Fyi

If you order was placed on 2/20 - I would imagine that you still have time to get a Trail-Air hitch if you still want one. The Bighorn backlog is considerable.

ST

By the way, the thing about the Trail-Air is how much it improves the ride of the coach - not so much the truck. I've heard some who say they haven't felt much of a difference in the ride of the truck - but that is the whole point of the Trail-Air - to take any bumps and jolts that would normally be transferred from the truck to the trailer - and minimize them. And it does a great job of that. The Mor/Ryde suspension system on the fifth wheel does a great job of minimizing jolts that the coach encounters, but with that steel-to-steel connection at the truck, the typical fifth wheel frame takes a beating through the truck - and you know how most trucks ride (compared to cars..)
The best story I have heard yet from a Heartland owner with a Trail-Air is a copule who said when the got to their destination, and backed into their campsite, they discovered that they had mistakenly left an open can of pop on the countertop and it was still there in place when the opened the coach up. If they wouldn't have told me theirselves, I probably would have doubted it. But they did - and I believe them.

ST

HappyKayakers

Scott,
Your last post said the Bighorn backlog is considerable. Can you be a little more specific? I've tried emailing and calling Tom, with no reply. During a phone call a few days ago, our salesman originally told my wife May 7, then changed to April 7 (ship from Indiana). Right now, I get the impression that nobody is really sure.

Thanks,
Joe