More room for couch and bed.

jimtoo

We really love our 3055. But to make it even more livable and adaptable for different folks.

I would like to see about 6 inches added to the very rear of the coach, where then the recliners and couch could be swapped, so the slides could be closed with couch in very back of unit and recliners on the off door slide.

I would also like to see about 6 inches added to the bedroom between bed and front closet, it is just to close for almost everyone. Very difficult to make bed or when you have to get up in the night for different reasons.

My 3 cents.

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I agree with Jimtoo. The 3400RL could use the same extensions. The only drawback is where those extra inches would come from. What we would lose from other areas. I know we've learned to open the left side closet sliding door when making the bed. It allows for room for my arse:D.

DennisZ

Jimtoo

I would like to see the same thing, some of the earlier models did have ethat feature. If adding 6" is to much, adding about 2" would open up a lot of options for different recliners. The only brand I've found that will fit are LA-Z-Boy and they are $$$ pricey, if there were 2 added inches, you can find many recliners that are under $300.

Just my thoughts.

Dennis

jimtoo

Hi DennisZ, it's not the recliners that don't fit. It's the couch will not fit in the back and allow the slides to close. Just need a few more inches. Already got the Lazyboys.

And as far as where the inches would come from, I think it would be good to add that much to overall length.

Jim

cjbearden

Visitor
Amen to all your posts!!! Our old BH3400RL allowed sufficient room to move the sofa into the rear section so DH's wallhugger Lazboy could sit in the LR slide. Now in the new Augusta, we cannot play musical furniture. The Lazboy is too large to close the slides so it has to be taken apart, seat turned on end and back stored on the bed! What a PITA every time we move. Ray, we totally understand about moving the closet doors in order to make the bed.:D Same problem in our coach.

Tom of Ypsi

Love playing musical chairs in our "Classic" Landmark. We also have plenty of room to make the bed without being a contortionist or having to open and close doors. We do not have the hide-a-bed with the air matress just the old thin uncomfortable one but the couch is comfortable. This may be the difference.

bigredtruck

an extra inch on either side of the bed slide would be my wish. Trying to tuck blankets and spread in while doing the contortionist act is my pet peeve. Of course, extra room between the bed and closet would be nice too. But there are probably more functional places to use that extra six inches as well.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
an extra inch on either side of the bed slide would be my wish. Trying to tuck blankets and spread in while doing the contortionist act is my pet peeve. Of course, extra room between the bed and closet would be nice too. But there are probably more functional places to use that extra six inches as well.

I'm not asking for it all in one place...but, I know 5 or 6 places that would be glad to have one inch...everything I want to do is 7/8" too long.:p

ChopperBill

We swapped out the chairs and couch in ours when we last went for a 5 week trip. It lasted about 5 minutes. Seemed to close up the whole area and we didn't like the feel of it. On the bedroom deal I think it would be good to make the W/D plumping optional. Some of us have no need for a W/D. That way you could slim up the closet a few inches to the step up and make more room in the bedroom.