Remove or not LCD for winter

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Need opinions on whether or not to remove the LCD TV from Fiver for winter. I have winterized the fiver and there is no heat in it. Trailer Life had an article that said to remove them. We have left them in for 2 years, but this year we are getting temps in the 20 already. What do you think?

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
You might want to check out this thread, that Jim started.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=7844

Fred

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I remove my lcd tv's from the Bighorn. If for no other reason than peace of mind. In the past I, as Jim B. has done, called the mfg's and have had conflicting responses. For me it's no big deal to remove a couple of screws and unplug a few things. I am pretty sure that if there are rv's on a dealers lot over winter, no one is removing them. And they all seem to work in spring. So I guess it's all a matter of what you feel comfortable with.
Peace
Dave

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
. I am pretty sure that if there are rv's on a dealers lot over winter, no one is removing them. And they all seem to work in spring. So I guess it's all a matter of what you feel comfortable with.
Peace
Dave

I've had LCD TV's in my RV for years and have never removed one because of the temps. The TV sat in the trailer from the 1st day of winter to the last...and the first day of summer to the last.

And, when I turned it on it worked just fine. The outside temps never got above freezing with many nights below zero.

Last edited: