Dreaded smell and add anti-freeze question

NYSUPstater

1. We camped 2 weeks ago, but didn't dump tanks. This past w/e we went and each time we flushed, we got the dreaded sewer smell. Tanks nowheres near full, so my guess it's due to the "stink bomb--toss in" lasted just a few days after we tossed it in, so it was no longer working as it should in reducing/eliminating odors. Anyone want to share their thoughts on this one?

2. We won't be camping for a few weeks, so would it be a good idea to add some anti-freeze to toilet bowl to keep the seal lubed? My thinking for this is that w/ the heat and all, the water left in it will evaporate thus nothing to keep seal wet/lubed.

jerryjay11

If you are not using your camper for two weeks in hot weather it is always a good idea to dump and flush your waste tanks. I always add about a gallon of freshwater and drop treatment in to aid between trips, but any residual waste left in the tanks can flavor the air with it's aromatic aroma. As for the seals, well never had any problem even with a dry tank. Remember that is the way they come to you months or a year after manufacture.

The main thought here is don't leave that crap in your tank.

Hollandt

If you are not using your camper for two weeks in hot weather it is always a good idea to dump and flush your waste tanks. I always add about a gallon of freshwater and drop treatment in to aid between trips, but any residual waste left in the tanks can flavor the air with it's aromatic aroma. As for the seals, well never had any problem even with a dry tank. Remember that is the way they come to you months or a year after manufacture.

The main thought here is don't leave that crap in your tank.

I maybe just lucky but have not experienced this problem while using Happy Camper Treatment.

https://www.amazon.com/Happy-Camper...594058009&sprefix=happy+camper,aps,171&sr=8-2

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We sometimes go a couple weeks without dumping anything, no smell.
Our BH has been sitting about 2 weeks since last trip. Dumped at dumping station and didn’t use “tank flush” so it wasn’t the most thorough job. Been hot, no smell.
I use plumber’s grease on the seal. Any liquid will evaporate in the current heat we’re experiencing. Could use some cooking oil if you’re concerned

“Happy Camper” toilet treatment user here too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDN

B and B
Old building maintenance trick for floor drains, use some vegetable oil doesn't evaporate. As long as the seal is in good shape.