Inside water pressure no good

Oldelevatorman

Hi folks:
I’m hooked to city water here in our park in Tucson. We have a soft water system for our shed, W/D and the trailer. From the spigot it goes to a 3 filter system mounted on the inside wall of my storage compartment and then into the UDC where it runs thru the pressure gauge and into the Anderson valve. The pressure on the gauge is in between 40-50 psi all the time but in the shower I don’t have half of that, as well as the kitchen and bathroom sinks. And I removed the factory installed filter behind the wall sometime back and there are no leaks that I can see as I have water alarms behind the UDC and under all the sinks. The shower head is an upgrade but it doesn’t seem to help anymore.

I’m stumped, does anybody have any ideas, thanks Jim!

danemayer

See how much water you're getting before the filters. Compare to what's coming out of the filters. If both are good, it could be the regulator as occasionally they go bad.

Oldelevatorman

I did check it yesterday with a different regulator and it read 40-50 before and after the filters. I’ll run the shower with the regulator out of the line and see if it makes a difference!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flick

I did check it yesterday with a different regulator and it read 40-50 before and after the filters. I’ll run the shower with the regulator out of the line and see if it makes a difference!

If your regulator is adjustable, add about 10psi. 40 to 50 for us would be a little low. You rv can handle more psi but I’m sure others will chime in. We run about 55 to 60 and have had no problems. That will help some.

rod_s

If your regulator is adjustable, add about 10psi. 40 to 50 for us would be a little low. You rv can handle more psi but I’m sure others will chime in. We run about 55 to 60 and have had no problems. That will help some.

I had a neighbor a couple years ago with identical symptoms. The rubber seal on the antiflow back valve where the water hose screws into had come loose and was partially blocking the opening.

Oldelevatorman

It is low and I tried cranking it up and can’t get anymore out of it.

Oldelevatorman

I had a neighbor a couple years ago with identical symptoms. The rubber seal on the antiflow back valve where the water hose screws into had come loose and was partially blocking the opening.

Thanks, I’ll check that!

Oldelevatorman

I shut off the water, let off the pressure and removed the gauge. Spun the Andersen valve around to city again to see if it was misaligned and nothing changed. I have the new A valve body that I received from Heartland awhile back. I guess I’ll install that. Don’t know what else to try!

dieseldog

Open the kitchen faucet inside, then go out and see what your regulator pressure shows. I’m betting it’s not the pressure regulator but plugged filters. You have good static pressure but no volume once you open something up.

Oldelevatorman

It was the filters, which I should have checked when I thought about it at the start of this process. It had been 9 months since I’d installed them so 2 of them were overdue for replacement. The iron filter still has some time left I think. Thanks for everyone’s help!