Distance for Furrion Cameras

jmarnell

Will they broadcast to the truck on a 40 foot 5th wheel, reliably?

We have the Furrion Vision S 3 camera system on our 44 foot Cyclone. No problems at all with the signal from the rear camera. And I love the 7 inch monitor this unit has.

Oregon_Camper

Installed Furrion 4 camera system last summer...LOVE it. Don't think I have ever had a drop out...if so, it was so fast I didn't see it.

Here is my install video...if you jump to ~5 min mark you can see the 7" display showing the views.

https://youtu.be/Zzi68Njnk-A

BTW...we have a 37' Bighorn, pulled by F-350 Long Bed (DRW).

Lets_roll

We have the Furrion Vision S and it works great with our 40’ travel trailer. No problems so far. Love the 7” monitor.

LBR

Furrion Observation on our 44' CY with a CC tow rig....and I DID have a lot of dropping of signal.

I mounted the camera and monitor antenna remotely with the proper fittings, wire, and longer (better) db antennas that have direct sight of each other.
5cc68973e06cd55ded8c5ca27e9fa64e.jpg
a5c444d35b5e2e986a1a7421f24fe709.jpg
5419492e5f0bac7eb8c24c2b69c776df.jpg
c8c87e470cc57ccc7928392213567f43.jpg

TRay

I have a Furrion Vision S on a 13" trailer and it works, but the display is so dark that it is unusable even when set on high brightness, color, and contrast. Surely they are not all like this. I have tried my dealer and Furrion help and get nowhere. If I had know how dark the display is I wouldn't have bought it. Is everyone else's ok. I just can't get any satisfaction from Furrion or my dealer. I know they don't all act this way. I can't even tell if the grass is green on the roadside most of the time. Any ideas at all?

Thank you,

Tom

Dahillbilly

how many cameras are you using? I would just try one & if you only have one ask another camper with the system to pair it to their monitor & see if it's better or the same. Then try your monitor paired to one of his cameras. Worth a try

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
I have a Furrion Vision S on a 13" trailer and it works, but the display is so dark that it is unusable even when set on high brightness, color, and contrast. Surely they are not all like this. I have tried my dealer and Furrion help and get nowhere. If I had know how dark the display is I wouldn't have bought it. Is everyone else's ok. I just can't get any satisfaction from Furrion or my dealer. I know they don't all act this way. I can't even tell if the grass is green on the roadside most of the time. Any ideas at all?

Thank you,

Tom

I just bought the same one, have the same problem, no matter the setting it is too dark to see.

Last edited by a moderator:

jmarnell

Thank you,

Tom

I notice when I am wearing sunglasses that the display is harder to see. But if I'm not wearing sunglasses it looks pretty decent on ours. Not the brightest I've ever seen though. My impression is Furrion needs to work on the firmware to allow additional brightness on the display.

Dahillbilly

I notice when I am wearing sunglasses that the display is harder to see. But if I'm not wearing sunglasses it looks pretty decent on ours. Not the brightest I've ever seen though. My impression is Furrion needs to work on the firmware to allow additional brightness on the display.

Same here when wearing anti-glare sunglasses, cannot see the screen on the Furrion BUT I have the same problem with my Garmin GPS, phone, etc. Certain sunglasses block out the UV rays & you just can't see everything.