Outside Storage Door - Mallard M335

Lets_roll

Does anyone have an innovative way to prop open the outside storage door under the bed? We use this large bin more than the smaller front/tongue bins but it takes two people to safely stow or retrieve items. Thanks.

spruce1.

Re: Outside Storage Door - Mallard M335you font

Thanks for the link. I’ll check it out.

My Mallard storage doors and the outdoor kitchen have magnets which work great. Maybe they forgot to put yours on. I would call Heartland and ask them why you don't have them. Think you can also by these at a camping store or on-line.

Lets_roll

Thanks - I will contact them and ask. I really think there is a design flaw for that storage bin. When fully open, the top of the bin door hits the bedroom window casing so there isn’t a solid location for a magnetic closure. The other two storage bins have the magnets and work great but they are smaller openings so we can’t fit larger items in them.

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Does anyone have an innovative way to prop open the outside storage door under the bed? We use this large bin more than the smaller front/tongue bins but it takes two people to safely stow or retrieve items. Thanks.

I use a door hold open just like the one used on your entry door. I went to a auto parts store and got some of the tape used to apply the badges on a vehicle and that way didn’t have to drill any holes in my rig.

Flick

Even though you have a window frame above that storage space, I think there would be enough room to mount your magnet hardware just under the windows. When mounted on the wall and the door, when open your door would be about 1” from the wall since both magnet blocks are about 1/2” thick. Now that’s assuming you have or would use the magnets what I have on my Cyclone. Also using 2 magnets spaced accordingly would give you ample holding power even though they would be further from the edge of the door.