Awning LED light retrofit

danemayer

Hi Opentrails1030,

I'd suggest mounting the light strip just below the awning. If it's on the awning, when rolled up, if the switch is left on, you could damage the awning material.

Hi Opentrails1030,

I'd suggest mounting the light strip just below the awning. If it's on the awning, when rolled up, if the switch is left on, you could damage the awning material.

Thanks for the reply I should have stated that I was wanting to put it on the siding and under the the roll when rolled up.

Bogie

I did this on my previous Sundance. I used an aluminum channel that I stuck to the side with 3M double sided body molding tape. So no screws. I ran the molding close to the porch light and just dropped a short length or wire down into the light. Bought the molding HERE at Superbrightleds.com. They have more styles also. You can see what I did by clicking the "My Mods" link in my signature below. It's on page 6.

One of these days I need to put together the same thing for my current Sundance. :rolleyes:

I did this on my previous Sundance. I used an aluminum channel that I stuck to the side with 3M double sided body molding tape. So no screws. I ran the molding close to the porch light and just dropped a short length or wire down into the light. Bought the molding HERE at Superbrightleds.com. They have more styles also. You can see what I did by clicking the "My Mods" link in my signature below. It's on page 6.

One of these days I need to put together the same thing for my current Sundance. :rolleyes:

That's a nice set up thank you for the ideas.

garyroee

I replaced all of the lights in my "vintage" RV with Leisure RV LED Light. I had already replaced the bulbs in the original fixtures with LED panels but the light output was not great. These. Are. Awesome. Very bright and since they were designed as LED fixtures the light dispersion is much better than trying to install LED bulbs/panels in a fixture designed for incandescent bulbs. And I don't have to tell you about the power consumption advantage vs. incandescent. The color is perfect - not too blue, not too yellow.