Cheese Steaks and Razor Clam Chowder

jpmorgan37

This has absolutely nothing to do with Heartland, Tires, Water Leaks, or Wallpaper. It is about the joys of traveling to all different parts of this wonderful country we live in. Have you ever had a Cheese Steak on South Street in Philly? Eaten Raw Oysters in the French Quarter in New Orleans, or had Razor Clam Chowder in Westport, Washington? Popped the head off a Crawdad in Louisiana, Eaten real Tex Mex in San Antonio? Or a fresh steamed Lobster from the Lobster Pound in Maine, or the best Blue Claw Crab Cakes from the eastern shore of Maryland. Sure, I can continue, but I need fresh ideas because we are getting ready to hit the road again soon (we've been sitting since April) and I need some new ideas. We are ultimately heading for Georgia and I am very familiar with Black Eyed Peas, Collard Greens and Grits so you don't have to 'splain 'bout 'em. Lets hear about your favorite eating places and what's so special about them.:D

John

DntDctr

UMMMMMM. Spanish styled Tapas in Wasington DC...Wonderful,, not American, but really good food. NC barbque....little vinegar, just right.
Paul

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
UMMMMMM. Spanish styled Tapas in Wasington DC...Wonderful,, not American, but really good food. NC barbque....little vinegar, just right.
Paul

Dim Sum in Seattle, Hot Danish and butter in Huachuca City, AZ, Steaks on IH45-south of Dallas, A Gargantuan Pizza in Yorkville, PA, BBQ at a place a little outside of Warrenton, Va. Spanish Tapas in Madrid at the La Falcanero 2 blocks east of Hotel Centro del Norte and across from Mission San Cristobal, Hagis in Edinburgh, Scotland. Korean food in Tague. Beer and Pizza at the old Pizza Place in Fairbanks...and 7 cheeseburgers off the Dollar Menu at any McDonalds off of any exit on IH-40

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Paul

Dim Sum in Seattle, Hot Danish and butter in Huachuca City, AZ, Steaks on IH45-south of Dallas, A Gargantuan Pizza in Yorkville, PA, BBQ at a place a little outside of Warrenton, Va. Spanish Tapas in Madrid at the La Falcanero 2 blocks east of Hotel Centro del Norte and across from Mission San Cristobal, Hagis in Edinburgh, Scotland. Korean food in Tague. Beer and Pizza at the old Pizza Place in Fairbanks...and 7 cheeseburgers off the Dollar Menu at any McDonalds off of any exit on IH-40 and finally, breakfast at the Seward Bakery in Seward AK...order anything it's all good.

CrazyScotsman

Haggis neaps and tatties chased down with a pint of Mc Ewans 80 schilling.
Fish N Chips next to the harbour in Anstruther Ffe, Scotland. Fried Mars bar.
Mc Nivens restuarant on Mass ave in Indianapolis has authentic ( well, as close as you can get in America ) Scottish food plus a wide selection of malts and beer. I order Scottish food online , so if your in the Springfield MO area and want a good Brit breakfast, just let me know. ( I'll make sure I'm no here ) LOL Or google Camerons British foods, thats where I order from.
Cheers and all the best. not to offend i'll say , " Happy Holidays" to all.Ken

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
German Food

For the most authentic German food this side of the big water - Royal Bavaria in OKC, OK is definitely it! At the moment you drive up, you'll see that the building itself looks like you brought it straight from Germany. In fact, most everything, including the brewery itself, WAS imported. The entire experience - the atmosphere, the food, the beer (imported ingredients, too), the people - you'll forget that you're in Oklahoma! And tell the owner, Andy Gmeiner, that HT said 'Hi!' Hands down - the best German food I've found in the US! :) Been a patron since 1996; I definitely visit every trip home from Wyoming!