Tampa RV Show

Taz Devil

Anybody in the area here going to the Tampa RV Show in Jan? The DW and I are planning on going up and just checking things out. We like to go and see whats new and attend some of the lectures.

Kevin

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Saundra and I are planning to go on Wednesday (senior day) and I will probably attend the following day as well, as admission gets you a second day free and seniors get a $1 discount on Wednesday.

Here's a link to the show:
http://www.frvta.org/supershow.asp

FYI - in 2007 you could park at Lazy Days at Seffner and take their shuttle - in 2008 this was not offered.

Delaine and Lindy

Delaine and me will be staying about 45 minutes from Tampa Jan thru Feb and do plan to attend the show. wondering how many RV manufactors will be there due to the down turn. Hope things are better in 2009. GBY....

cdbMidland

Delaine and me will be staying about 45 minutes from Tampa Jan thru Feb and do plan to attend the show. wondering how many RV manufactors will be there due to the down turn. Hope things are better in 2009. GBY....

The show is huge. I think all manufacturers will be there, but not all models. When we visited the dealer that featured Heartland units, there was at least one model of each of the brands and a couple of manufacturing reps in attendance.

We've gone the last two years and will go again in 2009. Best $7/person spent in Florida.

hillsonwheels

Is Heartland gonna be represented there this year? Don't remember where but recently saw a map of presenters and at a glance did not see Heartland. Any body know the scoop? We'll probably attend. Be nice to meet some other Heartland owners.

Taz Devil

We just got the new Good Sam magazine and it has a map and a $1.00 off coupon. It appears Heartland will be over by the north midway, spot #750. We are going to try and stay at either MacDill AFB or Lazy Dayz and go on Sat. If not we will just drive up from the Cape.

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
We are going to the RV show and staying right in the fairgrounds. Dry camping for 3 days and seeing the show from top to bottom. Is Jim B. coming to the show.

Jim/rsvl/AR

Ft. Myers, Florida RV show

The Fort Myers RV show is Jan 22 - Jan 25, 2009 at the Lee Civic Center. Does any know if there will be any Heartland products on display?

Delaine and Lindy

Does anyone know if you go on Wed on Seniors day can you use the 2nd day admission any other day. We are here in Zephryhills, Fla and are about 25 minutes from the Fair grounds. We went to Lazy Days Rv and Delaine looked at the Motor Homes. She didn't buy anything, however when we returned home our Surge protector we our. So I went back to Camping World a got another one, OUCH. The old one last almost 4 years and had been used most all time. GBY...

About 82 degrees today.

Taz Devil

The Fort Myers RV show is Jan 22 - Jan 25, 2009 at the Lee Civic Center. Does any know if there will be any Heartland products on display?

I'm really not sure at this point. Camping World a few months ago purchased Mark's RV which is in Ft Myers, so they may have a couple from there. The other Heartland dealers are about 2-3 hrs away. The Ft Myers show is not as big as the one in Tampa but will have a few of the same booths there. I really haven't seen much advertising about the Ft Myers one either.

cdbMidland

Does anyone know if you go on Wed on Seniors day can you use the 2nd day admission any other day. We are here in Zephryhills, Fla and are about 25 minutes from the Fair grounds.

You can attend any other day. At least, this was the way it worked the past two years that I have attended.

Parking was about $5/day last year as I remember it.

cdbMidland

As are others, we are wondering what Heartland will have. I would love to see the LM Oakmont and the new Edge, but I guess that is up to the dealer(s) what will be on display.

johnjoanw

New to forum and Heartland

We attended the show Thursday and Friday and could not pass up the deal we got on a 2009 Big Horn 3385 RL. We are going to have someone drive it up to northern GA or western NC and put on a spot for us. That will be our northern home and we plan to still use our Niagara pop-up to take short trips around the area. We will probably get itchy feet some time in the future and will then buy something to pull it with. We met Jim and Ron from Heartland who officially welcomed us to the "Heartland Family". We are excited and looking forward to meeting all the other members of the family.

Last edited by a moderator:

Delaine and Lindy

Sold.......

We went the Tampa RV show Wed and today Sat. We talked to Jim on Wed but didn't see him today. However it looked as though they have sold all the Big Horns and the Landmark. That was at the show. GBY.....

cdbMidland

We went the Tampa RV show Wed and today Sat. We talked to Jim on Wed but didn't see him today. However it looked as though they have sold all the Big Horns and the Landmark. That was at the show. GBY.....

Wow, and they had quite a few Bighorns there. I bet Jim being there had a lot to do with the sales. I probably would not have been a Bighorn owner myself without Coley Brady and another rep being around to answer a lot of my questions back in 2005.

I know that the Cedar Ridge park-type model was selling at the other Heartland location at the show. The dealer said that four had been sold Wednesday. That was quite a unit at a very favorable price.

Taz Devil

Went to the show yesterday and will go back today to finish looking around. The new BH's look great. Very solid RV. Loved the solid feeling on the floors compared to my 08 BC. Got to meet Jim and was able to talk with him for few minutes. Like the other posters said a lot of sold signs and who knows how many placed orders.