Torque 373 Fuel Station

dtaylor56

We have a 2020 Torque 373, fuel tank is full, generator and fuel station work off the same tank. Generator was running last weekend for extended periods.

First time using the fuel station and actually read the directions on the door.

First - Turn on inside timer
Second - Turn on outside switch
Third - Dispense fuel through nozzle

1- Cannot locate inside timer, anyone know if there is one and where it is at?
2- Pump switches on and can hear and feel it running.
3- No fuel is dispensed, is this because I cannot find the inside timer? Or if it doesn't have an inside timer is there some way to prime this pump?

I have had other Toy Haulers and they did not have an inside timer switch. I have requested help from Heartland and have yet to hear back. Figured someone on here has had a similar experience.

mwc

My 2018 cyclone has a switch in the main control panel. Its a toggle swith that yoh have to push up to turn on and down to turn off. You have to hold it for a second, mine has directions right beside the switch. Its right near your tank sesor lights etc in the cabinet.

david-steph2018

We have a 2020 Torque 373, fuel tank is full, generator and fuel station work off the same tank. Generator was running last weekend for extended periods.

3- No fuel is dispensed, is this because I cannot find the inside timer? Or if it doesn't have an inside timer is there some way to prime this pump?

I have had other Toy Haulers and they did not have an inside timer switch. I have requested help from Heartland and have yet to hear back. Figured someone on here has had a similar experience.

On our 2018 Road Warrior we have a rocker style switch. You push once to turn on, twice to turn off. The pump switch gives you a 15 minute time limit to pump then shuts down. Our switch is located below our fuel tank level switch close to our fuel gauges.

Flick

Yep. All the info given, in my opinion is absolutely accurate.
Even though your pump is running, you most likely have a faulty pump, pick up tube or nozzle. You may have an air lock in the pump. Try running it thru several more off and on cycles. It may clear.
If no luck you may want to remove the nozzle and turn on the pump. If you don’t get fuel, this would eliminate a possible nozzle problem.
Be extra careful when working with gas components and use proper thread sealant to reattach nozzle if you go that direction.

scayne62

I generally have your same camper, I have only dispensed fuel through the nozzle once, I turned on the outside switch and it came out fine with no other inside switch needing to be thrown. The fuel was VERY dirty for the first minute or so as I figure the inside of the dispense hose was dirty from the factory.

dtaylor56

I generally have your same camper, I have only dispensed fuel through the nozzle once, I turned on the outside switch and it came out fine with no other inside switch needing to be thrown. The fuel was VERY dirty for the first minute or so as I figure the inside of the dispense hose was dirty from the factory.

Thank you Scayne62 and everyone else that replied.

dtaylor56

Thought I would come back to this with my resolution.

Messing around with the pump for about 30 minutes without success. Decided to remove the pump and check the gears, polarity, etc. Unbolted and let the pump hang and decided to give it another try, immediate fuel dispensing! Turns out the supply hose was kinked by the way the factory mounted the pump. I will be installing a 90 degree elbow where the kink is located.

And everyone is correct the first bit of fuel that comes out is very dirty.

Matt750

Glad you found the problem!

Since the fueling station sits at the back of the rig in an open compartment, I would also suggest a cap for the fuel nozzle. Ours didn’t have a cap (I think some might), so I just found a plastic cap I had laying around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk