New to the Forum and Heartland

Dragoon

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to say we have been full-timers for 9 years now, and just got our 2nd full-timing rig in July. Yes, a Heartland Bighorn. Purchased new leftover 2008 3400RL. We are pleased with the unit and still trying to find all the switch locations, etc. We traded in our beloved 1998 Hitchhiker Premier with 2 glides - reluctantly, it had served us well. We purchased from Camping World Supercenter in Fountain Colorado and had a truly marvelous experience. We highly recommend this dealer to everyone. We've had some minor problems, as all new rigs have, and resolved most. One is on going and will look for the proper thread to post more about that. For now, just wanted to say hi.

jbeletti

Hi Dragoon and welcome to the forum and the Heartland Owners Family.

You are just in time to join the Heartland Owners Club as well.

We have going on 20 chapters now - many of them very active.

And if you plan on spending any time in CO, we have a new chapter there too.

If there is any way at all, you can be in Goshen, Indiana the second week of June, we'd love to all meet you at the 2009 North American Heartland Owners Rally!

Happy to hear you had a great experience buying your unit. Hope you get your issues resolved ASAP. If you have any trouble with your dealer, getting issues resolved, don't hesitate to contact Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 to chat with your Customer Service Rep.

Take care and welcome!

Jim Beletti
Heartland Owners Forum Admin
Heartland Owners Club President
Heartland RVs, LLC, Director of Owners Interests

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Dragoon, we also have a 2008 3400RL and we love it. You will love yours to. Since you are full timers I'm sure you will be finding things you would like to change. This forum has a wealth of great information on modifications that people have done to their coaches. Enjoy your new rig.
Peace
Dave

jimtoo

HI Dragoon,
Yes, welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. You will find a great bunch of people here and lots of information.
Jim M

Dragoon

Jim,

Thanks for the welcome and invite. Our plans are on hold for now. Wife must get cataract surgery in the spring. I have to get VA procedure done, also. We'll be in AZ for that, then see, depending on outcome. Also, thanks to Jimtoo.

Last edited:

SmokeyBare

Welcome to the Heartland Family Dragoon !

I hope soon the same Loving feelings for had for your Hitchhiker will begin to grow for your new BigHorn. We have with ours...

Wishing you a Merry Christmas... and a Wonderful New Year to come.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hi Dragoon and welcome to the Heartland family and forum. As you can see, were a pretty friendly bunch. Enjoy your new 3400RL. Excellent choice by the way:D.

howardgr

Hello All,

Helen and I are getting ready to close this week on a 2009 3400RE BigHorn. Trading in our 2007 30' Fleetwood Prowler Lynx after a year of ownership and we are excited to make the jump to the 5th Wheel.

I know we will be pleased with our purchase. Not yet full timing, but that will happen in the future. Weekender's will be our style for awhile.

Are there any specific items that have been problematic in the past with Heartland rigs that we need to check out when we take delivery and do the system check with the dealer? Want to make sure we have all the bases covered before we pull away from the service department.

Thanks for any assistance you may provide. We will check in with you all occassionally.

Have a very Happy and prosperous New Year!

George/Helen Howard
Orange Park, FL
Towing with 2008 F250 SD 2WD longbed

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Welcome George and Helen!
The only issues we had were some minor leaks, so I'd say make the dealer check all connections under the sinks, at the water pump and hot water heater and the back of the outside shower. No, we didn't have them all, :) but those are the most common ones, and usually just a fitting that jiggled loose. I know you'll love your Heartland and remember the forum is always here for you.

howardgr

Thanks for the information

Thanks for the welcome and the information. Although it is likely common sense that they would check those connections, I would not have thought to ask them. Because of your experience, I know now that I will ask them to check all the fittings in the water system. It seems a few folks have had similar problems as I have taken the opportunity to view some other forum posts.

We will stay in touch with the forum and look forward to chatting with you all again in the future.

Have a Happy New Year!

George/Helen Howard
Orange Park, FL
3400RE '09
'08 F250 SWD Longbed

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
George & Helen, Welcome to the Heartland Forum & Family. Excellent choice for your floor plan by the way. As others have mentioned, a few have had problems with water connections not being tightened. Another is the kitchen sink drain. Some have been installed with the rubber gasket on the inside. These have been leakers for sure. The gasket belongs on the bottom and plumbers putty goes in the sink between the drain and the sink. Make sure your fresh water tank fills and drains completely. TV and Sound system wired correctly. That covers the majority of issues I have seen. Other owners have had other types of problems but not in numbers that would be anything to be concerned about except of course tires. Then again those discussions normally come up in the late spring and summer. If you're special ordering your trailer, you might want to consider 7,000# axles, springs and Goodyear G614 tires as an option.