Poor Service

Rdreamva

We reecntly had a very bad experience with our dealership (McGeorges Rolling Hills RV) located in Ashland Virginia. We took our new 09' 3355RL for its first trip and had several issues;
1 Hot water quit working on gas,
2 Furnace kept popping everyime it fired,
3 High pitch whistle everytime the gas flowed to either the furnace or Hot Water. This would wake us at night.
4 Some lights did not work at all.
5 Securing straps for furniture did not work.

We dropped the unit off on our way home. We were told it would be 2-weeks. This would be alright as we did not have an appointment. 8-weeks later and several phone calls to inquire we were finally told it was done. By done we were told there was no problems found other than a couple of loose wires. They also said they could not get the proper straps from the factory so they put 2 together to make them work.

When we went to get the unit no one from service was there on a Saturday morning. The battery was dead. Luckilly the sale person was there and found a way to get power to the unit so we could raise it to hook up.

When I complained to the General Mgr, all he said was sorry. Due to the poor economy they could not spend the 4 million to update the service area.

I will not recommend this dealer for anything at any time.:(:(:(

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Rdreamva, too bad about your poor service experience. I think your problems for numbers 1,2 and 3 may be regulator related and I think an LP dealer might be a good place to try. Did #4 get solved by the loose wires being fixed? I can't imagine Heartland not having the correct straps when the unit was shipped from the factory. It sounds like someone may have stolen a few straps when your rig sat at the dealers when new? If you have a Camping World anywhere nearby they may be able to service your trailer. Best bet is to call Heartland Customer Service @ 877-262-8032
I hope you can get your issues resolved to your satisfaction.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Camping World

Winchester, VA

190 Commonwealth Ct.
Winchester, VA 22602
phone.gif
888-615-6187

Roanoke, VA

8198 Gander Way
Roanoke, VA 24019
phone.gif

There was a CW in Manassas. But, it is no longer on the CW site.

Pulltab

Unfortunately so often the dealer uses the manufacturer as a scape goat and blames them for not getting the right stuff or parts at all. A good dealer is nearly impossible to find and now it is getting even worse with the economy. :(

HowardBJr

HowardBJr
You might find the Better Business Bureau (BBB) data interesting on McGeorge RV in Ashland, VA. The data is especially interesting if you compare them with other dealers in Virginia. The number of complaints is dramatically higher than any other RV dealer that I have compared them with. The BBB data can be accessed at:
http://www.bbb.org/online/

DntDctr

We went to Mcgeorge to look at an RV. We decided on a Hearland when we were in Hershey. The closest dealer to us is Mcgeorge. We asked the manufacturer, what else you got? Ended up going to WV and had a nice experience doing the deal with them. Haven't camp in it yet so I can't comment on service.
Paul

geeksrus

You might find the Better Business Bureau (BBB) data interesting on McGeorge RV in Ashland, VA. The data is especially interesting if you compare them with other dealers in Virginia. The number of complaints is dramatically higher than any other RV dealer that I have compared them with. The BBB data can be accessed at:
http://www.bbb.org/online/

So why does Heartland keep such a poor dealer as one of their representatives? If Heartland wants to be a quality organization, they MUST manage their dealer network more effectively!

EH!

PS: Sorry if I'm stealing this thread!

jbeletti

So why does Heartland keep such a poor dealer as one of their representatives? If Heartland wants to be a quality organization, they MUST manage their dealer network more effectively!...

Let's please keep this in context. This customer had a poor experience - to be sure. However, this is a single data point I've heard of from a Heartland customer and by itself, does not constitute a body of evidence that warrants canceling a dealer contract.

That said, Heartland is interested in hearing about poor dealer experiences and when warranted, Heartland does whack 'em. As many of you have read, Boat n RV is no longer a dealer, largely due to customer feedback.

Thanks,

Jim

Rdreamva

Thanks for the input. I have not been able to verify that anything really has been repaired as yet. I did contact heartland about this and was pleased with their response. I have a dealer near by (Safford RV in Thornburg) that I have had good luck with in the past. Heartland said they can service and perform any warranty work, even though they no longer sell heartland products (dealers choice). This is actually the dealer where we first were introduced to the 5ver we purchased.

I strongly encourage everyone to contact Heartland with any issues as well as keeping members informed.

Thanks again.

Gary