Tire and Valve Stems

Taz Devil

Question about who warranties the tires and valve stems? My BC is in the shop for some warranty repairs and I was inform by the Service Manager at Camping World that Heartland will not warranty the valve stems that need to be replaced due them leaking. He stated I would have to go through the tire manufacture. There are mission tires currently on it and I have not be able to find anything or anyone that sells those type of tires. So who do I get to take care of this issue?:confused::confused::confused:

truknutt

Committed Member
Taz,

Inside my coach's kitchen cabinet Heartland has affixed a quick reference list consisting of some contact numbers for the coach's suppliers.

Tredit Tire is listed as the point of contact for my Mission tires.

1-800-537-2925 (Elkhart)

Here's their website TREDIT TIRE & WHEEL COMPANY

I used www.tredit.com while the webpage says www.tredittire.com ; both come up with the same result.

Hope this helps

Taz Devil

TrukNutt,

Thanks for the info. I will give this info to the service writer and have him contact the Plant City, Fl. office and see what they say. They are about 2.5 hrs from here.

Kevin

Uncle Rog

Taz, if it were me me I would dump the Missions pronto, before they dump you, and drop the $20 for new valve stems and head on out............I had a leaker, all I did was tighten the nut 1/4 turn, done deal..................

cjbearden

Visitor
The plastic valve stems are going to leak and it is best to immediately switch out to metal stems - sorry, but it is your own expense. Same on the tires, just one of the personal modification expenses many owners choose to do - switch out to better tire.

Last edited:

jpmorgan37

My experience with tires is a few years out of date, but the law used to be that a tire could be sold with a cosmetic imperfection as long as it was branded "blem" or "blemished". If it did not pass the safety inspection, which included being x-rayed, it could not be sold. I would like to know more about the "X" and how it relates to the quality of the tire.

Taz Devil

Thanks for all the inputs. Camping World of Ft Myers is still checking to see who it will be handled. I have no plans right now to change tires unless Camping World tells be they are bad and need replacing. We are not full timers yet and only use it for short trips locally. We have only had the 5er since Jun of this year and have used it may 3-4 times since then. So I really don't see a real need to replace the tires at this point. Just the leaking valve stems.