MAX Water Pressure?

What is the max recommended pressure that I can safely run in my 2020 Cyclone? The pressure label on the inlet says 100Max but I’ve heard that I need a 40-50psi regulator? This past weekend we had miserable pressure in the shower using the 40-50psi regulator

hoefler

I have yet to use a regulator. The Pex pumbing is good for 125 PSI. I have Pex running air in my shop at 150 PSI, no failures or leaks in 10 years. I have a regulator to use if /when needed. I have seen water pressure as high as 70 PSI and never had any issue. My threshold is 85 PSI, that is when I will use a regulator that is set to 65 PSI

danemayer

Hi texaggie1994,

The 100 psi on the 4-way Anderson Valve is the max pressure that valve is designed for. The rest of the trailer has a limit of 60 psi according to your trailer manual.

Water pressure and water flow are different. Some inexpensive pressure regulators manage pressure by restricting water flow. So you'll want to use a high-flow pressure regulator. In addition, if you're using a water filter, as the filter becomes clogged with crud from the campground water supply, both pressure and flow will be reduced.

It's also possible there could be limitations inside the trailer. One way to tell where the problem lies is to switch over to pumping water from the fresh tank. If you have good water flow while on the pump, the problem is external.

Visit the RVWaterFilterStore.com to see some better regulators.

Flick

What is the max recommended pressure that I can safely run in my 2020 Cyclone? The pressure label on the inlet says 100Max but I’ve heard that I need a 40-50psi regulator? This past weekend we had miserable pressure in the shower using the 40-50psi regulator

Also investigate different shower heads. My daughter in her SOB had good pressure in her trailer but like you, miserable shower water volume. She researched and found one that works great. I can’t tell you what she bought but they’re out there.

wdk450

The number 1 disaster I have heard of and personally experienced from high water pressure has been the release of water from the B&B Molders black tank flusher atmospheric breaker valve. This can cause a flood of fresh water inside your bathroom wall while you are outside flushing your black water tank. I would definitely use a water pressure regulator whenever using the black tank flusher. Not using a regulator at other times is probably safe, but up to you. I just can't recall any reports of fresh water flooding due to any other reason than the black tank flusher on this forum.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Here is what I did. I try to keep it around 60psi inside to avoid any leaks. Also if we are at a park with low pressure I will turn on the pump along with the city water to boost up the pressure. We also have a awesome shower head that we absolutely love. Its just like home.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=506459&viewfull=1#post506459

This is permanently mounted in our docking station and just a simple quik connect to the (Zero-G) water hose.

d173cd34fcf5963e178ffecd95aaeca2.jpg

ed6bdda397bdddeedabf97136778d224.jpg

This is the (OPUS Aroma Sense AS-9000 Aromatherapy Vitamin C Handheld Shower Head, Medium, Silver)
s-l640.jpg

Here is a link with the parts list for the Regulator stuff

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=506637&viewfull=1#post506637

Happy trails

Jerrod

Gaffer

I have been to two places with 100# plus water pressure. Had to put my adjustable pressure regulator on the hose bib to keep my water hose supplying the coach from leaking. I now put it on the hose bib every time. If you don't have an adjustable regulator get one. Water leaks are not a good thing. There are many connections that you can not get to and the crimp rings on the pex fittings are known to be a source of leaks when not crimped properly. Pex crimp tools need to be calibrated for proper adjustment occasionally. No way to tell when or if they ever were at the factory.

As for the shower, get an Oxygenics shower head.
https://oxygenics.com/