Cyclone Fuel System Q&A

bob hyder

Hello, I just purchased a cyclone 3795. The owners manual that came with it is a little vague on many items. I would like to find out if I can get a manual that covers things like the converter (ie. how much charging it does) What are all the drain hoses for. What is the proper way to drain the water system. How and when to lube the axles. The owners manual has very limited info, and I'm a very technical kinda guy. Used to be a professional mechanic and I like to know what makes it all tick. I hate to be stranded along side the road with something little not working. thanks. Bob Hyder

T

tgboyd

Hi, I also just purchased a Cyclone 3795 and the fuel pump system is dead. The owner's manual I have does not address the fuel pump system. The Generator fuel guage is also dead. I have removed the panel where the switch and guage are located--checked all the connections, fuses, and breakers but no luck. There is no schematic to show how the system works. Does anyone have information on this system?

Thanks, Tom Boyd

kuldaddy

Jim,
When you are going to open up the technical forums for the Cyclone? Obviously more of these units are now being sold and the users will start having questions.

Tom,
Was this DOA? Or did you test it as a part of your pre-delivery inspection? I found a note on the RV.Net Toyhauler forum about bringing a can of gas and pumping it through the system to confirm that the fuel station is operational. BTW, we pick ours up next week so I will let you know how how the fuel pump test goes.

Eric

Scott

Cyclones

The fuel pump system has a built in delay. You are not the first to think it is "dead". As the specific Cyclone owner's manual is not complete, we have covered this with the dealers, and I would have hoped they would have explained this, but either way, I am going to post info on that and any other unique features that the Cyclone has vs. our other fifth wheels here and also on our web site in the next 24 hours.

ST

T

tgboyd

Thanks Scott.

When we picked up our unit in Indiana there was weather approaching and we had to move quickly to get back to Texas. The dealer assured us the pump was working and we went with that--however when we got home the generator fuel guage was dead and the pump would not come on. I assume the light above the switch means it is running. We have not been able to get the light to come on and have activated the lever at the pump but no luck. I checked the back of the fuel pump switch panel for loose wires, checked the fuses and the wires behind the fuse panel with no luck.
In our PDI we found one wire off the water guage sensor and the dealer reinstalled it and filled us with about a quarter of a tank of water so we could use the toilets going home but when we got to our first stop we had no water in the tank. I have seen other posts with this complaint so there must be a common thread here that needs to be addressed.
I am taking the unit in to a dealer tomorrow to check the fueling system. Thanks for your reply.

Best regards, Tom

We picked ours up about 3 weeks ago. We filled it with water before the Nascar race and the water just began to pour out the low level drain hoses as fast as I could fill it. The dealer said to plug the drains and it should seal itself. That did not work and I had to take it back. The reason I was given was the syphon drain was installed upside down and that is what caused the water to drain out. We just did our shakedown trip and most things were fine. The gas pump does have a slide switch on the pump that turns it on--we found it while trying to pump for another rig. The unit is back at the dealer to get the little things fixed. The rig is awesome. We gave about 15 tours at the race to interested people walking by. This is going to be a popular unit.

T

tgboyd

Fuel System

It turns out our fuel system was wired incorrectly at the factory. The dealer in Katy Texas rewired it for us and it works fine now. TB

cowpony

fuel system

When we got our 5th wheel on the first day home I noticed the smell of gas. I found the small tube under the gas cap dripping gas. We took it in and was told it was the gas cap. That the cap wasn't vacuum sealed? about 1/3 of the tank leaked out. We have not refilled it to check cause of the price of gas. it took about 3 weeks to get the new cap. It was easer for us to call heartland than to use the rv dealership. I hope it works.

plumberdude

hi tgboyd
my wife are going to be in sealy tx to pick-up our fifth wheel (long story)at end of march would like to say hi if you have the time.
good luk with your new rig. we have a 09 3914 toy hauler can;t wait to get back to it.
see on the road.
pat

yuri_rage

After filling my 3612's fuel tank for the first time, I'm noticing a strong gasoline smell in the living area. I can't quite pinpoint a leak under the chassis. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a good place to start troubleshooting?

truknutt

Committed Member
I would start by locating your vent tube. It may be routed up in the frame toward your living area by accident.

yuri_rage

That's the first place I intend to look. Unfortunately, it's been raining, and it's a bit muddy under the trailer right now. I'll take a good look and report back. Hopefully it's a simple fix!

yuri_rage

I took a good look at the tank, exposed lines, and generator. I found nothing obviously out of place, so I took the Cyclone back to the dealer. Turns out it was an overtightened hose clamp on an elbow fitting buried in the underbelly. The clamp had sliced through the generator fuel line and was leaking enough to wet the underbelly panel but not enough to spill out anywhere. It took about 15 minutes to find the problem and about as long to fix it. The guys at the service department were very cool - they even washed the underbelly after fixing the leak.