Dehumidifier help/recommendations

tkdmike

Well, we just took delivery of an 09 BH 3600 RL to replace the SOB camper we've been living in. As I'm reading through the owners manual I got to the full-timer disclaimer. I've already been through that thread so that didn't worry me too much.

But, I noticed the recommendation for a dehumidifier to minimize condensation. I already live in a very humid environment - Gulf Coast of Texas - so dry air sounds great. Any recommendations on brand, size, things to look for or avoid? Could use any suggestions!

Thanks,

mike

cjbearden

Visitor
Welcome tkdmike to the forum. What part of the gulf are you in. We are currently in Aransas Pass and welcome you to stop by Ransom Rd RV Park if you get a chance (site 13). We have the Frigidaire 25 pint dehumidifier from Lowe's (as do a few other owners on the forum). Works beautifully. On high humid days we empty about every 24 hours. We keep it going majority of the time except when watching TV. Gets a bit noisy but worth it. Definitely use it at night. Keep it in the kitchen area near the front door. Good luck and travel safe. Enjoy that new BH.

boatdoc

Several of us webfooters up here in Oregon use the Soleus brand. It is very quiet and does a great job. We have one in the stick built and one in the trailer. Brother leaves one running in his second home over on I-5 and also has one here on the Coast. BIL has one in his Carriage. All work great.

Last edited by a moderator:

tkdmike

Thanks for the suggestions. We are between Houston and Galveston. I'm not retired but just wanted to simplify life so we moved to fulltiming back in September.

After doing the homework we went ahead with the Soleus dehumidifier. Even set on high it is very quiet. It has run non-stop even set on the medium settings so we are pretty humid. Thanks for the quick suggestions.

Mike