Rear Stabilizer Jacks

bcpolaris

bcpolaris
I am hoping that someone can help me find a motor for my rear stabilizer jack. Coming out of a RV Resort that had a steep driveway the motor hit the ground and broke in half. My RV Repair Shop can only find the entire Rear Stabilizer and Jack setup. I don't need the entire stabilizer just the motor. Please help me replace this motor so I can use this feature on my trailer again.

jpmorgan37

bcpolaris;

Have your vin number handy and contact Heartland Customer Service. They should be able to help you with the information you need.

John

blzftr

I too need a motor for my rear jacks. I have an 08' 3795. I called Heartland. They said it is made by Klauber model #C-800 and if I wanted a replacement it would only cost me $482.13 plus shipping. I have not replaced it. I have looked all over the internet and locally including Camping World in Bakersfield for a replacement and have found none. I gave up about 3 months ago. If you find a replacement please post where. I would also like to use this feature on my 5er again.

escs36

electric motors are standard deals. take it off and take it to an electric motor shop. they can match something very similiar, or even better. it is all about mounting and load rating. nothing special at all. manufactors are not smart enough to design their own motors. they buy them from somebody.

escs36

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=12642

i recessed my rear jacks before they got ripped out. they nearly got torn out the first weekend.

geeksrus

I too need a motor for my rear jacks. I have an 08' 3795. I called Heartland. They said it is made by Klauber model #C-800 and if I wanted a replacement it would only cost me $482.13 plus shipping. I have not replaced it. I have looked all over the internet and locally including Camping World in Bakersfield for a replacement and have found none. I gave up about 3 months ago. If you find a replacement please post where. I would also like to use this feature on my 5er again.

Perhaps if you ordered it from Klauber you could save a bunch of $$$$$.

Eh!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Perhaps if you ordered it from Klauber you could save a bunch of $$$$$.

Eh!

That's IF they'll sell retail. From the website, it doesn't look like they do. The price he was quoted by HL for that motor is the same on the Lippert site. A search for "Klauber motors" will get you there.

Manke3010

Hey all,

Hope I can get some advise I need on this thread.
I haven't hit or bottomed out my rear stabilizers, but they just stopped working this past weekend.
Used them as recent as the first weekend in Oct., then took it out this past weekend, hit the electric switch to lower them, the motor makes a loud "click", sounds like it's trying to engage, and then nothing. Silence and no movement. Hit the switch again, same thing, over and over. If you hold it down, it may try twice, but only the loud "click" or knocking sound, only one time, then nothing.
Any ideas?
Also, I don't see anywhere that I can manually crank these up or down, is this at all possible on these units?

Thanks in advance :)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The insert point for manually operating the rear stabilizers is on the opposite side of the assembly from the motor. You should have a crank rod that fits into the receiver. Looks like a tube with a pin in the middle.

wdk450

Thermal Cutout? Warranty?

Hey all,

Hope I can get some advise I need on this thread.
I haven't hit or bottomed out my rear stabilizers, but they just stopped working this past weekend.
Used them as recent as the first weekend in Oct., then took it out this past weekend, hit the electric switch to lower them, the motor makes a loud "click", sounds like it's trying to engage, and then nothing. Silence and no movement. Hit the switch again, same thing, over and over. If you hold it down, it may try twice, but only the loud "click" or knocking sound, only one time, then nothing.
Any ideas?
Also, I don't see anywhere that I can manually crank these up or down, is this at all possible on these units?

Thanks in advance :)

It sounds like the screw mechanism is stuck, the motor tries a couple of times to turn it until it overheats and the thermal protection on the motor cuts off the power until it cools again. Try manually freeing up the screw rod with the crank, then try the electric motor again. If this fails, use your warranty!!

wdk450

RV Salvage Places

For those of you who are looking for a replacement motor or unit, here is a link to a list of RV salvage companies:

http://www.rverscorner.com/rvsalvage.html

Also, there was a thread in the last few days from a guy who bought a burned Heartland in Florida for parts. He might have a good rear stabilizer assembly/motor for you. Search the forum

Manke3010

Thanks John and Bill.
We were camping over the weekend, and I was too busy working on a mod on another area of the coach and just didn't give it any thought to even look at it close enough to realize the other side had the manual crank fitting.
Right after your post John, I went out and freed it up a couple cranks and got it to work, so Bill, you hit the nail on the head....
Cleaned/lubed it up a bit and hopefully that will take care of it.
Thanks for the quick response fellas :)

dm2776

Cant tell you what the problem is as mine did the same thing. worked friday going down would not work sunday going up. but on the driver side by that jack was the place to put in a manual crank.. did get them up
i saw somewhere on this forum about fuses but i can not find that message now. does anyone know where the fuse would be for the back stablizers?..i did get it up with the crank but apparently should have cranked more. thought they were up far enough but pulling into driveway wheels where in yard where it is lower and it got caught on driveway and bent it. do i have to fix or would those bottle jacks i see in the forum work as stabilizers.

Last edited:

rick_debbie_gallant

I have already thought things trough in regards to a burned up or sticky electric screw jack in the rear. I have a heavy duty electric drill on board my rig for not just driving screws put for also using on various inoperable electric jacks, hydraulic pumps, tire winch, etc, etc. I used it on SOB because I did not have all the fancy electric stuff on that one.:D