Replacing carpet

rdgt67

I have a 2015 landmark key west that I want to take out the carpet and put laminate down. Is there any slide adjustments that need to be made or anything of that nature? There are tons of articles but I can't locate any that deal with slides after taking the carpet out

danemayer

You should not have to adjust the slides. Are you planning to put the laminate on the slide floors? If so, you'll need to protect the edge. Carpet on the slide floor would typically be bound on the edge. For a laminate, you'll need to find some small c-channel or something comparable.

rdgt67

Not on the slide floors. That carpet is still in great shape. We live full time in ours going on 5 years. The bedroom and living areas are sad. Just raises more concerns about quality. Am on second set of furniture too. Soft spot in basement floor as well. Thinking about sob but need to do the floor.

danemayer

Not on the slide floors. That carpet is still in great shape. We live full time in ours going on 5 years. The bedroom and living areas are sad. Just raises more concerns about quality. Am on second set of furniture too. Soft spot in basement floor as well. Thinking about sob but need to do the floor.

Carpet installed by RV manufacturers is like the contractor grade carpet used by new home builders. It's low cost and after a few years of full-time use is going to look sad. We replaced ours at 5.5 years of 1/2 time use. We had similar experience with carpet in a new home.

TrailCreek

Thinking about changing the bedroom carpet in our 2017 Newport. Does anyone know if the slide has to be removed or does the carpet not cover the entire floor?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

danemayer

Thinking about changing the bedroom carpet in our 2017 Newport. Does anyone know if the slide has to be removed or does the carpet not cover the entire floor?

The simplest approach is to replace the carpet that's visible, tucking new carpet under the edges of the bed. If you wanted to do more, I suppose you could take the bed platform apart.

I don't think you'd want to remove the bedroom slide.

TrailCreek

My concern is the tucked in part getting caught during slide operation.