Winter use question

beasleyrl

We are planning on going to Pigeon Forge next week. A couple of years ago we were there about this time and the weather was great. Mid 50's-60's the whole time. However, looking at the weather forecast now, some of the nights are going to be high teens (19 or so).

I know the Cyclone is cold tested in a freezer, but in the real world, what kind of issues will I run into? I'm sure my wife and kids will want to have water. Can I assume that since the underbelly is heated, as long as I keep the heat on, I'll be okay?

jpmorgan37

Fill your water tank and use your pump. Run the furnace to supply some heat to the underbelly and you should be fine. We've been in the teens and twenties the past few nights and haven't had any problems.

John

Loco

Not as warm as they say

Our 3795 is not as warm as they say they are. Our heater runs all the time when it get down in the teens. We now have 3 small electric heaters. These make the main heat not run as much. WE set our Furnace at 68 and the little heater keep it warm in side.

Tankie

We have been below freezing since last saturday the lows are around 0 and the highs are in the mid to low teens, but today was a balmy 21! We use our water but must use heat tape and the furnace needs to be on all the time to keep the under belly warm. I put a thermometer in the docking bay at the hose and it was 52. But the only problem I have had was the gray #1 tank dump valve froze, we now keep it open. Found some heat tape that can be put on drain pipes so that is next now we just run hot water down it frist.
We are staying in one location whole winter so this might be alot for a short trip.
We are in a BH 3670.

beasleyrl

Thanks all for the responses. I wanted to report back after the trip.

We didn't have any problems with plumbing freezing or staying warm. One night it got down to about 10 degrees. We had 2 space heaters running to supplement the furnace but stayed nice and warm and no problems running off the internal tanks. The temp did not get above freezing for well over 36 hours so it certainly had time to freeze if it was going to. About the only complaint we had was that the high winds did push through the windows (not a very tight fit) and the seal around the main entry door. However, the heaters kept up and we had a great time.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Roger,

Glad to hear everything worked out so well. I'll need to talk to you later. We would really like to go to Pigeon Forge next year.

Gus

alaska dodge

I had to do some things to my 3370, I am camping in Alaska and it has been getting down as low as -30F at night with highs hanging around -11F. I thought that my underbelly was heated but when I got to the RV park I filled my tank and the pump was and still is froze, my hot water line in the kitchen I have to let drip on warm to keep from freezing. I had a custom skirt made that covers the entire under side, I also put 2 small heaters in the storage area, 1 behind the wall by the Docking station and one in the main storage and I have 2 inside and I am able to keep it warm up to 75-80F inside. My furnace runs every 30 mins for about 15 mins. I found a lot of open areas under my unit that I had to fill with spray foam, and I found my 1 1/2 inch heater line pushed up against the bottom so the heat wasn't making it into the holding tank area. I really recommend the skirting to keep the drafts out. Every unit is different and you will need to find out the bugs and work them out.

Bill