Tail light or flasher replacement

I have 4 led tail lights on my 2014 Landmark. One of them is only partially working. The lights on the upper part on the light come on but do not flash when the turn signal is engaged. They all come on when braking— Just not when the turn signal is used.
Do I need to replace the light? Or do I need to replace a flasher? If so How do I find a replacement light and/or flasher? How do I remove the old light and install a new one?

wdk450

1. The flasher is located in your tow vehicle, and is common to both stop/tail lights along with the turn signal lights in the tow vehicle. Based on this, and the fact that only 1 light assembly is not working correctly, I would say that all of your problems are with that tail light assembly, and not the flasher.

2. Are your tail lights the about 4" round type surrounded by a rubber grommet which is seated into a hole in the fiberglass? These are easy to pop out with a screwdriver. Pop out both taillights and compare the wiring for the working and incorrectly working lights. If this doesn't reveal the problem, there should be a SAE ( Society of Automotive Engineers) lamp type number molded into the plastic of the light. Do a websearch on the SAE number to find a replacement light. Most likely your problem sounds like a miswiring error during manufacture. Here is what i think is the standard wiring for the taillight based on some internet light listings:

• Red Wire: Running (Tail lights)
  • Black Wire: Brake (and Turn)
  • White Wire: Ground

rhodies1

Re: Tail light or flasher replaccement

1. The flasher is located in your tow vehicle, and is common to both stop/tail lights along with the turn signal lights in the tow vehicle. Based on this, and the fact that only 1 light assembly is not working correctly, I would say that all of your problems are with that tail light assembly, and not the flasher.

2. Are your tail lights the about 4" round type surrounded by a rubber grommet which is seated into a hole in the fiberglass? These are easy to pop out with a screwdriver. Pop out both taillights and compare the wiring for the working and incorrectly working lights. If this doesn't reveal the problem, there should be a SAE ( Society of Automotive Engineers) lamp type number molded into the plastic of the light. Do a websearch on the SAE number to find a replacement light. Most likely your problem sounds like a miswiring error during manufacture. Here is what i think is the standard wiring for the taillight based on some internet light listings:

• Red Wire: Running (Tail lights)
  • Black Wire: Brake (and Turn)
  • White Wire: Ground

Most New vehicles do not have flashers any longer.your flasher is part of the body control module.
it sounds like it a take l light bad.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Tail light or flasher replaccement

Most New vehicles do not have flashers any longer.your flasher is part of the body control module.
it sounds like it a take l light bad.
Looks like you need to spell check your spell checker. :)

Peace
Dave

CoveredWagon

If all the lights work with the brakes and I'll assume the 4 way flasher, I'd look at somewhere other the the light fixture itself.
Just my $.02