Switch location for Security Lights on 2012 Big Country?

I thank you for letting me join this group. I bought a 2012 Heartland, Big Country, 3595RE about 3 months ago. I could not get the outside lights to come on, I replaced the bulbs in the amber "porch" light and the clear one mounted high on the front end, door side. The porch light works off the porch light switch...(I know, but please I have kids) The clear one is my problem child, I can't find a switch for it, it burns all the time. This is not covered in my owner's manual, If so I don't see it. Any help would be appreciated.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Forever outside light...

Hello Cannondragger and welcome to this great forum. Lots of great people here with plenty of knowledge to share.
Hopefully someone with a similar model will chime in with an answer for you.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Do you have a remote control? I think Big Country around that time frame may have used a remote for some lights.

Do you have a remote control? I think Big Country around that time frame may have used a remote for some lights.

Thank You, Mine does have a remote and I have not looked for the light on it... I will, but it's raining pretty good here, now.

Hello Cannondragger and welcome to this great forum. Lots of great people here with plenty of knowledge to share.
Hopefully someone with a similar model will chime in with an answer for you.

Peace
Dave
Thank you for the welcome. My wife and I are "Boldly Goin Where We Ain't Got No Bidness" (Southern StarTrek). We have entered the with style camping world, as we have camped for years, modern tent, 1860-1865 era, and now with a RV.

ParkIt

I thank you for letting me join this group. I bought a 2012 Heartland, Big Country, 3595RE about 3 months ago. I could not get the outside lights to come on, I replaced the bulbs in the amber "porch" light and the clear one mounted high on the front end, door side. The porch light works off the porch light switch...(I know, but please I have kids) The clear one is my problem child, I can't find a switch for it, it burns all the time. This is not covered in my owner's manual, If so I don't see it. Any help would be appreciated.
Not sure how much difference there is between a 2011 and 2012 but it's worth a shot.
When you enter the coach, is there a weirdly small closet that has all your house switches inside it with the fuse box at the bottom? If so, the porch light is on a different switch and the "Docking Lights" are below it (don't ask, I got a hybrid 2011/2012 BC). I also found the same reason you have with the 'clear' lens lights: they open from the top allowing water and condensation to blow it out. Went to a brick and mortar RV store (totally awesome stock) with my lens cover where they had the proper gaskets to keep moisture out. No particular name, "just a gasket" which can probably be found online if you look for a replacement lens cover.
Then I swapped it to LED bulb, 2 years and they are still holding up and almost annoyingly bright.

Hope that helps!

How do I turn the upper outside light on my 2012 heartland big country rv
I have a 2012 Heartland Big Country. It has a button on the remote that turns on the "Docking Lights". There is one on the camping side, high toward the front and one on the docking side, over the water hookup.

Attachments

• IMG_20200921_181726087.jpg
    IMG_20200921_181726087.jpg
    789.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 14967.jpeg
    14967.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7