Ice Storm/Bighorn 3670BL

rckc228

The storm caused a tree to breakoff and fall 20-30 ft. Totaling the roof. Waiting for the claims agent. I thinking of ordering a new Bighorn 2010,or is it worth upgranding to the Landmark,

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
When I bought my Bighorn in 2005, the Landmark was $20,000 or so more than the Bighorn. I think the price is much closer today. If I had to do it again, I would opt for a 2010 LM Oakmont, since it is basically the same floor plan as my 3655RD, which we both like. Plus, I have one ton dually now, which allows a greater GCVWR. Still would be better with a MDT.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
The storm caused a tree to break-off and fall 20-30 ft. Totaling the roof. Waiting for the claims agent. I thinking of ordering a new Bighorn 2010,or is it worth upgrading to the Landmark,

You really need to see what the pay-off is on the Big Horn...you might lose your fanny in that kind of deal. RV's can be a total write off with what a normal person would consider relatively moderate.

WOW the spuhl chuckar DOES work...who'd a thunk it.

rckc228

Thanks for all the advise. My bighorn is payoff so what ever I get will be going for the new unit.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The only things I really like on the Landmark over the Bighorns are the ceiling material and the fluorescent lights. If I were to buy a new 5th wheel it would be a Bighorn but with gel coat. I might even stay with the 3400 series and get the 7K axles. If money were no object I might just spring for a landmark but would really like to see one in a smaller package like a 3400 or 3370.