Winter RV capabilties

zigfreed

I have a 2008 Heartland Razor. I want to take it to a KOA in flagstaff next week. Does anyone know how this rig will do in the winter weather? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

bikerrv

Zigfreed, We own a 2009 3612 razor and have used it in some cold temp this past December and Jan. One weekend the temps were around 20 :eek:degrees for about 12 or more hours. We had it hooked up to a very big propane tank which kept us very warm but did use a good amount of gas.

We like it very warm it the winter and very cold in the summer. Overall I dont think that the insulation is a good as it is on some of their other rigs. (i wish they would be more specific about this upfront. without giving details they let us to believe that it was insulated) We kept the water at a steady drip thoughout the extended below freezing temps. Our only problem was where the water came into the camper. it did start to freeze so we re-insulated it and the next time it got that cold we were good. We also let the grey water dump directly into the sewer hookup, but we let the black tank fill untill it was half full and a little warmer a couple days later and it was fine.

Good Luck

Permenters-2009 3612 Razor Toy hauler with 2006 Ford F_250 King Ranch superdeisel 4x4 (and extra rear springs, larger exhause and chip)