more tech info

bob hyder

I'm the new owner of a cyclone. I've read the manual and find it to be lacking in technical info. I'd like to know more about the systems on the rv. As in: Battery charger/converter. Water valves. What are all the drain tubes for. How to run everything. I've got the indivual manuals on alot of the items used in the rv. But it would be nice for the factory to put it in one manual and explain how it works. How to properly drain the system. And so on. Thanks for any info on this. Bob

Tom of Ypsi

Bob, I am not trying to be a smart a-- but you should have done all of that at the dealer when you did a walk through. If you did not call them and ask to bring your coach in to go over the whole system. I do know that Heartland is lacking in their how to manuals as I believe most of us have found out but I think most manufacturers are that way that is why there are these forums.

T

tgboyd

Tom,

Your right-- but some of us took delivery outside in a 45 mile an hour wind with an ice storm approaching and trying to hurry to get the unit out of Indiana back to Texas. Most of us are smart enough to figure out how something works if we have a diagram to go by. Trying to recall what some young Tech showed us when he wasn't real sure himself (first unit they had ever sold) is hard to remember. If we had the information and the diagrams we could figure it out for ourselves which would make us even more knowledgeable. Just my two cents.

Tom

Scott

Cyclone Technical Information

You are right, we just haven't put out enough information on the Cyclone yet to help owners navigate the systems that are unique to it's operation.
We are in the process of adding a Technical Assistance guide to the Cyclone downloads section tonight (3.7.06) that I think will be a lot of help.

Check it out and let me know.

ST

bob hyder

Tom,
Yes I did a walk thru with the dealer. Since this is a new model for the dealer, they couldn't answer alot of my questions. I'm interested in knowing things like the charging rate of the converter, is it a trickle charger or an automatic charger that turns on and off when needed? The cyclone model has a heater duct that heats the tanks in the enclosed underbelly, since I don't camp in the freezing temps I would like to close off the vent to the underbelly and put more heat in the living area. As these questions are probably past what most service people deal with it would be nice to have that kind of info available to us at least by the internet for the asking. As for my valve problems, my water tank drained out on my way home from the dealer out one of the vent tubes and when I called the dealer and talked to the service manager, he didn't know what vent hose I was talking about. My rv has 4 vent hoses under it and when he went out and looked at another one that they had on the lot, he said it only had 1 vent hose under it. And the customer service rep that I talked to from heartland didn't even know until he called and asked the factory about it. So not every one can know everything and I doubt that a one hour predelivery walk thru can answer all the questions that may arise over the course of having the rv. That is why I'm here on this forum hoping to get some ideas from the factory people as to where to get/find this info.
Bob

jbeletti

Hi Bob,

You did come to the right place for 'owners helping owners'. There a lot of information on the site about Heartland products in general as well as specific models. With Cyclone being so new and only a few owners registered on this site, we're lacking a bit right now for Cyclone specific information. But that will change. Keep asking questions and please post your own learnings so as to help other Cyclone owners.

Also, when Scott gets more Cyclone operations data on the factory site, I will link to it and/or make it available here for downloading as well.

Jim