ADCO Cover - Covering BigHorn for winter

RVFun4Us

I know there are many opinions on whether to cover our RVs with ADCO covers or to just leave them uncovered. On my last RV, I covered it with one in a wet environment and by springtime, it was showing mold spots on the roof. Now this was not the AquaShed cover but the regular Tyvec, meant to reflect the sun. I talked to a rep from Camping World and he said the problem was probably a combination of dirt left on the roof along with the water. He suggested to clean the roof prior to covering. Now with my new Big Horn, I am a little hesitant to cover fearing the mold spots might return. I now have an Aqua Shed ADCO cover and was wondering if any of you have experience with using that cover. When storing this year for about four months, it will most likely be raining when we store it. So my second question is whether it hurts to cover the roof when it is wet. The AquaShed is suppose to repel most water and it is breathable but I don't know if problems might still result from using it. Any suggestions or anyone like to tell me their experiences. Thanks.

regan

Regan
We live in Bend, Oregon which is on east side of the cascade range. Our climate is subject to dramatic changes in temperature, wind, snow etc. I tried an ADCO RV cover, I was not very happy with it. It is not uncommon for us to get winds in excess of 50MPH. No matter what I did the ADCO cover would whip and rub on the Bighorn. I purchased a metal cover, cost was $2,900 for 18' X 40' so I can extend the slides, and still be under cover. Now my coach is protected, and we have easy access. I think it will be a great help in the summer also. A little expensive but I think it will save $ in the long run. If you want I will send you a picture. It is considered a temporary structure, so we didnt have to get a permit to install, but that probably varies by area.