Garmin Nuvi 750 Special Price

RVFun4Us

I was on the Heartland Forum about a week ago or so and saw a discussion on the Garmin Nuvi 750 sale at Costco. They are offering this GPS unit for $199, $100 off original price. Sounded like a good deal and was wondering if anyone had purchased it and what they thought about the unit. I did a search on the forum and cannot find the original posting on this. Costco.com shows that the sale ends on January 4th. So would like some feedback because it does look like a good buy and a good unit. Appreciate any feedback.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
My wife bought one of those at Costco about 10 weeks ago and we have enjoyed it. The only thing it lacks is blue tooth so my phone will not hook up to it but that feature has never worked to my satisfaction on my Nuvi 660 so it's not a big deal. The unit is user friendly and easy to operate. It will play MP3's through your FM radio and I enjoy that feature. It has a crumb trail feature that is nice if you ever use it off road. Nice unit for the money.

Don

nhunter

My wife bought one of those at Costco about 10 weeks ago and we have enjoyed it. The only thing it lacks is blue tooth so my phone will not hook up to it but that feature has never worked to my satisfaction on my Nuvi 660 so it's not a big deal. The unit is user friendly and easy to operate. It will play MP3's through your FM radio and I enjoy that feature. It has a crumb trail feature that is nice if you ever use it off road. Nice unit for the money.

Don

I bought the 760 and most people couldn't hear you well enough on the bluetooth anyway. We bought ours for a family vacation to Toronto and southern Ontario in may. Father in law said " I don't need that crap, I have a map". Well guess what he wants for christmas now. I love it. Except I paid $500cdn for it.

jbeletti

I was on the Heartland Forum about a week ago or so and saw a discussion on the Garmin Nuvi 750 sale at Costco. They are offering this GPS unit for $199, $100 off original price. Sounded like a good deal and was wondering if anyone had purchased it and what they thought about the unit. I did a search on the forum and cannot find the original posting on this. Costco.com shows that the sale ends on January 4th. So would like some feedback because it does look like a good buy and a good unit. Appreciate any feedback.

Here ya go. We manage those "special price / limited time offer" ads pretty tightly and we had thought this special was over. You are right - there is now a Jan 4 date on it. Unless the supply is out :eek:

Jim

CampingJunkie

I bought one at the very moment I saw that post. I bought it for my DH for Christmas. It is wrapped and under the tree. So I can't comment if we like it or not. But I have another Garmin Nuvi model and I love it. This new one is for the DH's car.

PUG

Pug
I originally posted the sale of the Garmin as I had been researching them intently and wanted one so when the price at Costco came up I jumped. You are right it doesn't have the bluetooth but I didn't care about that. I have had it about a month now and just love it. It is easy to get around in (not like my old Magellan). I think the reason they are selling these so cheap is they are coming out with a whole new series that are really really cool but I am sure they will have a nasty price too. Look at the Garmin website and you will see what they are up to. I think this is called planned obsolesence.

Dave Buck

I bought one. Since it's the only one I ever owned I don't have anything to compare it with but just Just using it locally (within a hundred miles of home) it seems to work fine. I have found it would send me by a different route than I would perfer to go.

Dave

RVFun4Us

Thanks everyone for your replies. Sounds like a good unit. Thanks Jim for the link to the previous messages. We will see if we can purchase at a warehouse but if unavailable, will order on-line before January 4th. We had the CoPilot laptop version GPS but found it awkward to use and display in our truck. So hopefully the 4.3 inch screen Garman will satisfy our needs and get us to where we are going.

RVFun4Us

Went on costco.com 2 nights ago and could not find the Garmin Nuvi 750. Went on-line yesterday and it was there again. So I ordered it before supplies ran out. Very anxious to try out and see how it works after it arrives. So if anyone else is interested in getting one at this low price, now is the time to jump.

cmart

I bought one the day of the original post. Tried it out 2 days after it arrived while going to a known destination (darn dentist appt). Well it tried to lead me the wrong way, and didn't know the correct road number of US Hwy 63, didn't know US Hwy 165 at been extended a few years ago to bypass Stuttgart. But then had an appointment in Little Rock and it took me right to the place. I emailed garving and after checking I had the updated map, it just hasn't been updated lately. Anyway we kept it hoping that it will do better in other locations. I like the convience of just putting it on the dash, instead of having to get out the laptop, hook up the antenna, and the power source. And its smaller easier to handle than a laptop and much cuter, lol.