Wide Right Turn Decal

Last summer I saw a 5er with a decal on the back which read "This vehicle makes wide right turns!" I thought that would be great to put on mine. Can anyone tell me where to get these?

CrazyScotsman

Try a truck stop, or a Truck dealers parts shop, or trailer parts shop. Or even go to a sign shop and have one made up, sure it won't be that expensive.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
No need to worry about signs like thatNone, if they ignor your turn signals do you honestly think they'll read the sign........ if they can read at all:eek:

Just put the blinker on, count to three and mash the gas, they'll move one way or the other.;)

Disclaimer..... Following my bad advice can be hazzardous to your health.... Sueing me over it is fruitless because I'm flat broke, already sold everything I owned and the VA has determined that I'm mental case.:D

Larger truckstops will have them, Heavy truck and trailer dealers will have them and sign shops don't cost much for something like that.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I would like to see the side clearance light wired into the turn signal. I think that could be a safety help.

A real bunch of comedians we have on here eh? Did you catch that?..I'm Canadian eh!

Anyway, my thinking is that even with the signal light..if a vehicle has been following for a bit..sees the signal, then you swing a bit left..they might be lulled into thinking you're changing lanes or something and what with folks on cell phones and being generally "brain dead" these days..all the notification I can give..can't hurt!

jbeletti

I would like to see the side clearance light wired into the turn signal. I think that could be a safety help.

Jim,

You need JNPHOBE to show you pics of his lights. He changed them all out and side marker lights now are large LED lights with turn signals too. They are VERY bright wen they blink. I believe Jon had to tap the harness to grab the turn signal wire and run it back to the replacement marker lights.

Jim

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I too have wanted to change the side markers to incorperate turn signals. The down fall is, unless you run a seperate wire from the TV to the trailer, the side markers will also act as stop lamps when you apply the brakes. Maybe "JNPHOBE" can enlighten us about this. Bob:D

Lights are fine but they don't really indicate what an RV or long trailer of any kind needs to often do in order to turn right from the right hand lane. Folks who don't pull a trailer are not aware..so the sign kind of provides a bit of instant education. Provided of course they can read. A picture is worth a thousand words!

jnbhobe

Well guys I don't have any pictures of the lights ( I have to get Jim B to show me how to do that ) but I can tell you they make a big difference.For marker lights I used NAPA# 2660A 16 diode pattern as a direct replacement,for tail and stop I used NAPA# 4050 24 diode pattern,also a direct replacement ( these are popular on show trucks ) Now for the biggie, the side turn & stop are NAPA# 60315Y super 60 side turn signal & marker 11 diode pattern.They have a raised smooth bubble on the lens with a reflector built in pointing at passing traffic.they are an oval 2 1/2 X 6 1/2 in.These are all made by Truck Lite and have a lifetime warranty. Markers and rear S&T are reasonable, but the side lights are like $90 each retail.I cut into the wiring harness on the right side to pick up the turn signal wires. I also mounted tractor lights to the frame up front for backup lights (pointed at the tires so you can see where the wheels are also.) Got the idea on the forum for that.I know I wouldn't without them again. THATS ALL FOLKS!!!!:D:D

jbeletti

Email me the pics when you can Jon - I'll help you share them as time allows.

Bet you got the tractor lights for backup idea from dieselengineer (Jim).

Thanks

Jim

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Jon, I understand what you did for the signals. Is there an extra 2 pins in the 7 gang trailer plug for right and left on a Ford?? I really didn't want to run 2 extra wires to the RV. Bob:D

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Jon, I understand what you did for the signals. Is there an extra 2 pins in the 7 gang trailer plug for right and left on a Ford?? I really didn't want to run 2 extra wires to the RV. Bob:D

Nope.

7 Pin RV style flat blade plug is as follows
  1. ground
  2. trailer brakes
  3. running lights
  4. 12v
  5. left turn & brake lights
  6. right turn & brake lights
  7. aux / back up lights
The only pin most trailers don't use is pin 7

jnbhobe

side turn lights

Bob; No there are no extra pins on the ford plug. I wired them right in with the Stop & Tail lights. I don't care if they come on with the stop lights, Just added safty and lights. For the backup lightsI just made a bracket and mounted them off the frame.I also had to run the BU light wires from the junction box on the pin box,You need the yellow wire that is capped off. OH ! The side turn, I just replaced the left marker with the new light and the right side I added a new one just in front of the door and left the a light in the factory position because there wasn't room to cut a hole that big. I got a extra light bracket so I could trace the exact hole I needed. PM me if you need any more info there are some other neet lights that just came out, like with a sequential turn built in JON:D:D