how to remove outside light housing lens.

tdpasoca

I have a 2016 bighorn 3750fl. On the upper front driver side of the coach is a light. I can not remove the lens. The housing and lens is made by jupiter led lighting co. I called the company asking how to remove the lens housing. They told me that is should just pop off by prying. It will not pry off without breaking it off. The lens is cracked and the bulb is burnt out. Any suggestions on how to resolve my problem would be appreciated.
tdpasoca

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have a 2016 bighorn 3750fl. On the upper front driver side of the coach is a light. I can not remove the lens. The housing and lens is made by jupiter led lighting co. I called the company asking how to remove the lens housing. They told me that is should just pop off by prying. It will not pry off without breaking it off. The lens is cracked and the bulb is burnt out. Any suggestions on how to resolve my problem would be appreciated.
tdpasoca

I'm not familiar with that item, but many plastic light housings have a notch of sorts that indicates a retaining tab. Try squeezing the lens around the base to see if it flexes enough to release it.

tdpasoca

image.jpg
I'm not familiar with that item, but many plastic light housings have a notch of sorts that indicates a retaining tab. Try squeezing the lens around the base to see if it flexes enough to release it.

Thank you for responding. It is frustrating when I call the company that is selling the item I need and I talk to someone who has no idea what they are talking about. The plastic lens is the only thing that pops out. After popping the lens out, then the screws are accessible to remove the black housing. I needed the whole thing anyway. I was able to purchase from Amazon. Lumitronics rv 12” led oval. $14.99. I hope this helps anyone who comes across this issue.