I'm stumped and I cant get anyone [mobile repair] to help

CAllred

I have a 2016 Heartland Gateway and am not getting propane to the stove no burners light no oven.
I live in my RV full time.
I replaced the tank regulator
My water heater [tankless] and my furnace work great.
there is a T in the main gas line off to the furnace and water LPG pic 1
attachment.php

Then the main LPG line turns under the RV and comes out on the other side pic 2
LPG (2).jpg
where it connects to the stove in the side out.
I disconnected the line to the stove and attached a pressure gauge LPG 3
it reads 0 psi.?
lPG (3).jpg
So, on one side of the RV its running the water heater and the furnace correctly on the other side reads 0 Pressure.

What am I Missing here?
my wife is gonna kill me if I dont get this thing fixed, eating out every SUCK!

Thank you in advance for any help or advice anyone could offer.

Happy Trials ALL!
Kind Regards
Christopher

Attachments

• LPG (1).jpg
    LPG (1).jpg
    719 KB · Views: 101

danemayer

Hi CAllred,

First thing, the gas pressure after the dual regulator, to the furnace, stove, etc. is supposed to be 11 water column inches. That is equivalent to 0.39 PSI, which would be hard to read on your gauge because of the scale. To get an accurate reading, you need to make or buy a manometer.

Nevertheless, it seems you have something blocking flow of propane on that line.

You might disconnect the entire line from main line to stove and blow it out with compressed air. It's possible to accumulate oils in the line that can block a low point.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Along with what Dan said I noticed a yellow flex line. I don't think that's OEM.
Is that the line that feeds the stove?

Peace
Dave

CAllred

Along with what Dan said I noticed a yellow flex line. I don't think that's OEM.
Is that the line that feeds the stove?

Peace
Dave

Hi Dave,
When I installed the new tankless water I had to replaced the gas line, it was "kinked". I used the yellow flex line.

Thank you for your response! :)
Christopher

- - - Updated - - -

Hi CAllred,

First thing, the gas pressure after the dual regulator, to the furnace, stove, etc. is supposed to be 11 water column inches. That is equivalent to 0.39 PSI, which would be hard to read on your gauge because of the scale. To get an accurate reading, you need to make or buy a manometer.

Nevertheless, it seems you have something blocking flow of propane on that line.

You might disconnect the entire line from main line to stove and blow it out with compressed air. It's possible to accumulate oils in the line that can block a low point.

Hi Dane,
Ok, I see no wonder there is no reading.
I'll try blowing it out that sounds like a great suggestion.
Thanks for pitching to try to help!

Regards
Christopher

jnbhobe

If the stove is in a slide it will have a rubber hose going to the slide, make sure it's not kinked when the slide goes out.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
I know the following does not solve your problem, but the yellow gas flex line could create a gas leak when used on an RV.

Instructions from the manufacturer of the yellow gas flex line: "WARNING: DO NOT use connector on appliancesin moving vehicles such as RV’s, trailers, etc.However, this product may be used in manufacturedhousing (permanent residence mobile homes)." Brasscraft COATED STAINLESS STEEL GAS CONNECTORS SELECTION & INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

For your and others safety the proper gas line to use is a Propane Hose Assembly or flared copper tubing.

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Did the problem begin after installing that yellow flex line? Have you checked for leaks with a detector (not your nose or soap bubbles). Simple gas detectors are relatively cheap to purchase, and they work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

It's possible that when you replaced the gas line you introduced foreign debris such as plumber sealant. It doesn't take much to mess up the lp pressure. So like Dane said blowing out the line may be your fix.
Interesting note on the use of the yellow flex line.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I know the following does not solve your problem, but the yellow gas flex line could create a gas leak when used on an RV.

Instructions from the manufacturer of the yellow gas flex line: "WARNING: DO NOT use connector on appliancesin moving vehicles such as RV’s, trailers, etc.However, this product may be used in manufacturedhousing (permanent residence mobile homes)." Brasscraft COATED STAINLESS STEEL GAS CONNECTORS SELECTION & INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

For your and others safety the proper gas line to use is a Propane Hose Assembly or flared copper tubing.

My thoughts, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk