Installing a Residential Refig. In Slide

57chevyconvt

Helping a friend install a new Residential Refrigerator to replace a Dometic RM1350 (w/o ice maker) that just will not work. The redesign dilemma is, how to route a new water line to the new refrigerator w/ice maker that is in a slide. Any suggestion will be well appreciated. Thanks in advance, Jim Hutt

Roller4tan

My kitchen sink is in an island. I ran the waterline thru the floor next to the drain to the underbelly. I had cut the underbelly during an earlier to repair the dump valves. Using this hole I routed the water line thru the frame at a hole that was already in the frame (used a large rubber grommet). The line came out right next to the front of the slide. I drilled a hole through the floor as close to the outside of the slide so as not to get pinched when the slide is in. Added a spring to the line to keep it up when the slide is in for travel.

jbeletti

You've received some great feedback on your request, so I can't add much to it.

Teeing into the cold line behind the sink area if the friend has an island kitchen is the recommended practice. Just be sure to add a cut-off there too for the ice maker line.

57chevyconvt

Thanks Guys for all of your great suggestions. As I told my friend which I am offering consultation on changing our his refrigerator, I can go the Heartland Forum and by so doing can acquire a wealth of knowledge with just a few key strokes on my computer. To those that have responded with suggestive solutions and also to those who will continue to the response to this thread have supported my bragging rights to my friend in need of help. What a great bunch of guys. Many thanks!

jbeletti

Thanks Guys for all of your great suggestions. As I told my friend which I am offering consultation on changing our his refrigerator, I can go the Heartland Forum and by so doing can acquire a wealth of knowledge with just a few key strokes on my computer. To those that have responded with suggestive solutions and also to those who will continue to the response to this thread have supported my bragging rights to my friend in need of help. What a great bunch of guys. Many thanks!

Jim - if you end up helping your friend, feel free to add build pictures to this thread. We're so invested now, we want to see the new baby :)

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Jim, it's good to see you back on the forums again. Now you need to add some more rallies to your list. We'd love to see you again.