Pioneer BH250 Black Tank Flush?

Very new to travel trailers and have a Pioneer BH250 with an unlabeled water inlet. I assume this is a black tank flush? The unlabeled water inlet is directly underneath the city water connection and is NOT the fresh water which is separate labeled gravity inlet. Thanks.

danemayer

Hi Chemlee007,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Sounds like you found the black tank flush. It's handy to have a clear twist-on adapter at the end of the sewer outlet so you can see what's coming out when you dump the tanks. In this case, you could use it to see if water comes out when you add it to the black tank flush.

jbeletti

I agree with Dan - almost certainly the Black Tank FLush water inlet.

That said, I looked up the specs on the BH250 and it shows the Black Tank Flush feature as an orderable option. Unsure if you bought off the lot, but wondering if the build sheet was given to you when you purchased. It may show the option which may give you some peace of mind about what you've found. Of course, to know for sure is to do the test Dan has suggested.

Welcome to the Heartland family!

Thank you both for your quick responses. We have had the rig since August and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I have been using the Camco swivel stick for additional cleaning of the black tank as I wasn't confident the identity of the unlabeled inlet. Now that I am getting ready to winterize and searching the Google I found this forum and sure that I will be back to look through winterization manuals and ask questions.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you use the tank flush inlet, be sure to clear it with air pressure when winterizing or press the tab on the inlet check valve (if there is one) to clear water from the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brizzo22

Very new to travel trailers and have a Pioneer BH250 with an unlabeled water inlet. I assume this is a black tank flush? The unlabeled water inlet is directly underneath the city water connection and is NOT the fresh water which is separate labeled gravity inlet. Thanks.
be careful with these. I found that mine had the valve installed backwards from heartland.