ADCO Covers - Use or Not

RVFun4Us

I know there are many opinions on whether to cover our RVs with ADCO covers or to just leave them uncovered. On my last RV, I covered it with one in a wet environment and by springtime, it was showing mold spots on the roof. Now this was not the AquaShed cover but the regular Tyvec, meant to reflect the sun. I talked to a rep from Camping World and he said the problem was probably a combination of dirt left on the roof along with the water. He suggested to clean the roof prior to covering. Now with my new Big Horn, I am a little hesitant to cover fearing the mold spots might return. I now have an Aqua Shed ADCO cover and was wondering if any of you have experience with using that cover. When storing this year for about four months, it will most likely be raining when we store it. So my second question is whether it hurts to cover the roof when it is wet. The AquaShed is suppose to repel most water and it is breathable but I don't know if problems might still result from using it. Any suggestions or anyone like to tell me their experiences. Thanks.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We used a AquaShed cover last year and loved it. We made sure that the T.T. was clean and dry. We did not have any problems with mold. We live in a very wet and snowy area. We also live in a very windy area, so we added a few extra straps on the bottom. Worked great.

The only problem we had was the cover bent over a small plastic antenna that went to the radio. When we uncovered it, we noticed the seal had pulled away from the roof. We had our dealer make the repair. This year we took a plastic milk crate and put it over the antenna. Now the cover rests on the crate and not the antenna.

Love the AquaShed.

Attachments

• NT8.jpg
    NT8.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 17
  • NT9.jpg
    NT9.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 18