Leaking Toilet

It appears that the toilet in my 2021 Landmark Daytona may be leaking around the base. Has anyone else found this problem. If it is an easy fix I would rather do it myself than break the unit down from my permanent campsite and drive 1 hour each way to get the dealer to take a day or 2 to get to me. I checked the mounting bolts at the base and they appear to be tight. Could only move them maybe 1/8th of a turn.

oldelmer1

Are you sure its leaking from the base?

Mine was leaking at the foot valve and would drip down to look like it was leaking from the base.

Check your foot valve before you pull the toilet out.

Mine is a Dometic 320.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Seems a little unusual that the toilet flange would go bad on a 2021 MY rig unless it was not installed correctly. How long have you been using the toilet before noticing a leak? The Sealand 210 that was in our 2009 BH never developed a problem at the flange. Only leak I had was at the joint between the base and the bowl after I replaced the seals and didn't secure the clamp ring correctly.

Flick

It appears that the toilet in my 2021 Landmark Daytona may be leaking around the base. Has anyone else found this problem. If it is an easy fix I would rather do it myself than break the unit down from my permanent campsite and drive 1 hour each way to get the dealer to take a day or 2 to get to me. I checked the mounting bolts at the base and they appear to be tight. Could only move them maybe 1/8th of a turn.

Yep. You’ve got a malfunction that was probably created at the install. Take it loose and see what it is and fix it. Thank goodness your in an rv park and not on on the space station. Good luck.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Yep. You’ve got a malfunction that was probably created at the install. Take it loose and see what it is and fix it. Thank goodness your in an rv park and not on on the space station. Good luck.

On the space station, they just need to back up to an airlock and crack the door a tad. The vacuum of Space does the rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ORV1980

Sherman
Are you sure its leaking from the base?

Mine was leaking at the foot valve and would drip down to look like it was leaking from the base.

Check your foot valve before you pull the toilet out.

Mine is a Dometic 320.

We also had leaks on both of our toilets in the first year. I thought it was at the base also but after closer inspection discovered other problems.
On the Dometic the water valve was leaking. On the Thetford the vacuum breaker at the back of the toilet was leaking. (I think they called it a vacuum breaker, it functions like one).
In both cases the water would leak down and puddle at the base.

Both parts were fairly easy to replace. I think the instructions for both parts say to remove the toilet, but there was enough room to complete the repairs with the toilet in place.

Since your rig is so new you should be able to get the part free from Landmark or the dealer where you bought the RV.

Sherman

jhardin

I've had 2 water valves go bad. I suggest drying the area real good and stuff a clean dry paper towel between bottom of foot pedal and base of toilet. Flush several times and see if paper towel is wet. If you happen to have a bad water valve DO NOT remove pedal. There will be 1 or 2 screws in the back where the water inlet is, remove them and push in on the ears pool(1 on top and 1 on bottom) and it slides out the back. You can get 1 from Amazon. Good luck.

wdk450

I would strongly advise that when you do any repairs on the toilet, take the extra time and money to add a Sharkbite (Brand) fresh water shutoff valve on the 1/2 inch PEX line.

danemayer

I would strongly advise that when you do any repairs on the toilet, take the extra time and money to add a Sharkbite (Brand) fresh water shutoff valve on the 1/2 inch PEX line.

I agree. When installing, take special care to not let the PEX drop through the hole in the floor.

ORV1980

Sherman

I agree 1000%.
A shutoff doesn’t cost that much or take that much time. It will make repairs in the future so much easier.
I have installed shutoffs in other locations also that make things easier, like underneath faucets.
Great reminder guys!
sherman