Range hood info?

nastonius

Howdy y’all. Got a Prowler Lynx 30LX that has the Suburban propane oven/range, with the vent hood over it. The fan portion of the vent hood quit working (light still works), and I can’t find any model numbers or info on it.

Do they have a thermal reset on them by chance? Apparently we’ve been running it with the outside vent flap closed (wasn’t told it had to be open to vent properly when I bought it 🤦🏼*♂️), and hopefully we didn’t burn the motor up.

wdk450

It should just share the same circuit fuse with the light. Mine is also on the circuit with the 12 vdc for the refrigerator lights and logic board. I had that fuse mysteriously intermittently blowing (and cutting off the refrigerator)while I was towing. Found the red wire intermittently rubbing on the grounded refrigerator metal frame.
The vent motor switch might be the culprit. I hope you can use a voltmeter (or 12vdc test light) to troubleshoot.

nastonius

Finally had some time to pull it apart and check voltage and continuity. Turns out the fan motor has a thermal fuse on the white wire, and that is bad. $7 for a pack of 5 on Amazon, and I’ll be back to venting, correctly this time haha. I guess running the fan motor with three burners and the oven going with no place to vent finally got to it. :rolleyes:

Thanks again for the help!