Need some Solar Hand holding

Cdn_Bacon

We purchased a new 2020 Heartland Winderness 272SBH (Canadian Model) which is prewired for solar plug-in. It did not come with any information or wiring data for the kit. It does have a plug-in on the front of the camper which I have gotten the plug-in (male) end to wire to a panel.
However, taking apart the panel in the inside compartment (behind the plug) shows me nothing. I would like to install a solar kit to the roof, however, this plus appears to only allow you to plug in a separate panel that you would have to take down and set up each time.

Where do these wires go and where would you find where they hook up to the battery (I gather that is where they go but can't find them)?

Any help would be appreciated ahead of the 2021 "self-isolating" Covid Camp Plan!

Thanks!

Chad

Oregon_Camper

Unfortunately the term "Solar Ready" means they have wires from roof to battery compartment....that is it.

You need to provide
* Panel(s)
* Solar controller (recommend MPPT vs PWM)
* Fuse(s)
* Wire from controller to battery bank
* Display in RV...or controller that used Bluetooth and see on phone
* Shunt
* Panel mounting hardware

I would measure the wiring from roof to battery box, so you know the wire gauge. Depending if you wire solar panels in series or parallel, you will need wiring to work with either high voltage or higher amps.

Cdn_Bacon

Unfortunately the term "Solar Ready" means they have wires from roof to battery compartment....that is it.

You need to provide
* Panel(s)
* Solar controller (recommend MPPT vs PWM)
* Fuse(s)
* Wire from controller to battery bank
* Display in RV...or controller that used Bluetooth and see on phone
* Shunt
* Panel mounting hardware

I would measure the wiring from roof to battery box, so you know the wire gauge. Depending if you wire solar panels in series or parallel, you will need wiring to work with either high voltage or higher amps.

There is no wires to the roof - the plug is in the front to plug in the controller. It doesn't look like there is anything running to or from anywhere- just a plug in for a panel on the frame on the drivers side at the front of the trailer