Mounting a tv in bedroom of Bighorn

gjl

We are about to take off on our maiden voyage. We received a 22" flat panel TV and wall mount to put in the bedroom of the RV as a Christmas gift. Does anyone know if we can wall mount it? We can't find any service department open to answer the question of how to do this? Help?

jimtoo

Hi gjl,
Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. I'm sure someone will junp in here and give you some help. But it would be helpful if you told us what floor plan (model number) and year of manufacture you have.
Thanks
Jim M

SmokeyBare

Gjl,

As Jim said, it's a little difficult to offer any help with so little to go on... BUT here are a few thoughts...

You said you have a wall Mount for the TV... if the design is one to go behind the TV... without a swing arm... using that type of mount your going to only attach it to a flat surface... some have used a piece of plywood to attach the wall mount on.. and then some how attaching the plywood to the RV... not knowing which bedroom cabinet design you have... makes it difficult to suggest how you should do this.

I used a swing arm mount... here is the Link: Post # 7

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=3295

Give us a little more to work with and I'm sure as Jim Said... lots will offer you a solution.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We are about to take off on our maiden voyage. We received a 22" flat panel TV and wall mount to put in the bedroom of the RV as a Christmas gift. Does anyone know if we can wall mount it? We can't find any service department open to answer the question of how to do this? Help?

I took my 19" Analog TV out of the bedroom and replaced it with a new digital TV. I mounted a board across the cabinet opening and mounted the wall mount on the board. It works great. When we travel we secure it with an adjustable strap. I do it just to be safe even though the TV is mounted securely.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We had the same problem and we found a different solution than most. We had a local cabinet maker (down here in the RGV they're easy to find) come out and take a look at our cabinet doors. He made an almost perfect duplicate to fit the opening where the TV is suppose to go, and we mounted the TV right to it. He used heavy duty cabinet hinges, the kind you can press the back and the door comes right off, and he hung it from the top so it opens upward. Had to drill some holes for the mounting screws and to bring cables thru...but they're all behind the TV and not visible. Works Great!

We added a heavy duty cabinet latch and now the space behind the TV is all usable storage.:)

UPDATE: Added pictures of this in the modification section

Last edited by a moderator: