Another Bedroom LCD mounting option...

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We found another way to mount a LCD TV in the Bedroom. Here in the RGV there are lots of cabinet makers who will do even small projects very inexpensively. We had a cabinet door made for the TV cabinet with heavy duty hinges that come apart for easy removal of the door. He hung the door from the top allowing it to open upwardly...the only thing we have not added yet is a piston to hold it open...that's next. He only charged $40 to make it and it's virtually an exact duplicate of the cabinet doors throughout the rig. We drilled holes and used longer mounting screws to mount the TV directly to the door and drillled a 3/4" hole to put the cabling thru...everything is behind the TV and completely out of sight.

This also allows for full use of the space behind it for storage...gotta love that!

Attachments

• 100_0075.jpg
    100_0075.jpg
    566.3 KB · Views: 323
  • 100_0076.jpg
    100_0076.jpg
    564.7 KB · Views: 320

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Pretty snazzy Ken, now you've got my wheels turning for a similar mod with a slight modification to it. Hmmm!:cool:

Uncle Rog

Ken, that is the best idea I have seen to date! With some reinforcement the EC could be modified the same way..........I am toying with the idea of pulling the fire place out and installing some sort of catalytic heater unit, with the TV mounted on the outside of the cabinet it might be a might hot with out a formidable heat deflector / shield. Good job!

On Edit: I really like the idea of having the unit pretty much bolted in place, no place for it to go on the road as long as the dooor / mounting is bullet proof.....................

kakampers

Thanks guys...it is very secure. Used a heavy duty cabinet latch at the bottom...it goes absolutely nowhere during transit....:D

jbeletti

Awesome method for mounting Kathy. You really found yourself a craftsman down there. The gas strut will be nice. You may even need 2.

I am guessing that with the hinge at the top and all the weight pulling downward, that there is little reason to strap the TV/door for travel?

Jim

kakampers

No need to strap it at all...we added a heavy duty drawer latch on the bottom...takes quite a bit just to pull it open. It's not moving at all!

Pulltab

While visiting Ken and Kathy in the RGV, we had the same cabinet maker craft us the same door for our bedroom. He made it and installed it with hardware very cheap! :D