Wish list...

rickbsgu

rickbsgu
1. Less entertainment/comfort options, more serious work/desk options. I pulled the recliners and will be putting a large work-counter/desk and file cabinet in the rear. Probably be pulling the TV's, as well. Like to put in a projector/drop-down screen setup for movies (I guess the latter is more entertainment options...:).

2. Laminate floors instead of carpet. Carpet is a sinkhole for odors, dust, and mold.

3. More over-counter cabinets (in the 'U' or island counter models). Alfa has a neat cabinet over their island that has a drop-down dish-storer - a good example of use for that space. Montana has an cabinet that goes over the 'L' - I like that extra storage a lot, plus it helps separate the kitchen from the living room.

I'll likely be doing these on my own over the next 'n' months/years.

alaska dodge

I would like to see dual heaters, one to heat the front of the unit and front underbelly and storage and the other for the rear and underbelly.

Water lines wrapped in heat tape and insulation and on a switch in the information center

The kitchen on a separate GFCI circuit than the docking station and storage area

Interiors

I often wondered why RVs were designed with interiors resembling a posh 5th Avenue town house. I'd much rather it look like a very comfortable and usable hunting or fishing camp. You know - a real "man-cave". I guess the reason is that us guys don't get to vote on things like this.

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
We're considering installing a high end wood laminate floor in place of the vinyl flooring. I've seen it done and it really changes the look of the units. Also, someone had replaced, or re-faced, the cabinets with hickory wood. Does anyone recall that project? I may be thinking about a forum from our past unit. When we were ordering our 3055, we asked about deleting the furniture so we could put our own choices in, and two seperate dealers said the deletion of the furniture would only be around $500 off the sticker. We've now got a new sofa, without a sleeper, and have changed one of the rockers to a nicer glider.

jimtoo

HI all.

I replaced our recliners with Lazy Boys, nice and comfortable. Replaced couch with wall huger love seat. (Traded dealer for one that was in SOB.)

I installed laminate flooring in my 3055 also. I did not get the most expensive because it is thicker (5/16") (I used it in previous 3055). This time I found some less expensive, but still has 20 year guarantee and is only 3/16" thick. Very easy to work with, looks just as good, feels just as good, and care is same as the expensive stuff and you don't take a chance on the slide rubbing on it and scratching it. The rounded carpet corner in living, dining area is easy to make square, and I recommend that for the edge molding (T molding) between carpet and laminate, that you buy the T molding with the metal strip that you screw down, not the cheap one with plastic that it snaps into. Plastic one does not hold good.

Jim M

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I would like to see dual heaters, one to heat the front of the unit and front underbelly and storage and the other for the rear and underbelly.

Water lines wrapped in heat tape and insulation and on a switch in the information center

The kitchen on a separate GFCI circuit than the docking station and storage area

You and me both.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
HI all.

I replaced our recliners with Lazy Boys, nice and comfortable. Replaced couch with wall huger love seat. (Traded dealer for one that was in SOB.)

I installed laminate flooring in my 3055 also. I did not get the most expensive because it is thicker (5/16") (I used it in previous 3055). This time I found some less expensive, but still has 20 year guarantee and is only 3/16" thick. Very easy to work with, looks just as good, feels just as good, and care is same as the expensive stuff and you don't take a chance on the slide rubbing on it and scratching it. The rounded carpet corner in living, dining area is easy to make square, and I recommend that for the edge molding (T molding) between carpet and laminate, that you buy the T molding with the metal strip that you screw down, not the cheap one with plastic that it snaps into. Plastic one does not hold good.

Jim M

Jim, who made your laminate? I'm running up on the 5/16th problem too.

jimtoo

The box the flooring came in just says "Click" "made in Belgium". Sorry but I guess the main label is gone. Color is Natural Oak and I bought it at Sotherlands Building Materials, small chain here in Texas like Homedepot.

camperfloor001.jpg

camperfloor002.jpg

Jim M

jimtoo

Chris,
I had an 06 3055 and installed the thicker laminate. It worked OK, but you could see after time that the slide did rub on it at times,,, I think more like bounced on it on rough roads. The heat register did show a wear mark from the slide.

This thinner laminate has no marks at all, the heat register has contacted the slide, but not enough to concern me. You can probably find this thinner laminate at discount houses. And as far as installation, it is same as expensive, looks just as good, and feels the same when walking on it and care is same.

Jim M

Shadowchek

Ok I know you were just trying to be nice and if you think Shelly is going to see those pics your crazy. I don't want to plant that seed.

Greg