Broke the door to my power reel

Georgia_Biker

I have a 2016 Big Horn 3875FB with a powered power reel. I broke the plastic hinge for the cover door and it looks pretty universal but, I have not been able to find a replacement.

Has anyone ever seen these? I am sure I will have to buy the door and frame but, that's OK

IMG_0322.jpgIMG_0321.jpg

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Mine broke. Bought some cabinet hinges. Took some modifications but it’s not going anywhere soon
ffeeffafdb8cc9e6b77fd4b31e19587d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Georgia_Biker

Last edited by a moderator:

centerline

All the ones I found were white, so I ended up calling Heartland parts and ordering one.

they are ABS plastic and can be painted any color you wish with spray paint.... and if the part is wiped quickly with acetone before painting, it will remove any mold lubricant that may still be on the part, which will help the paint bond to it indefinitely.....

personally, for the sake of UV protection and preventing the yellowing of the white ABS products, I mask off and paint EVERY external plastic part on my trailers, and when something needs replaced, I dont care what color I buy because its getting painted before its installed....

the UV rays will turn the white ABS products yellow, and both the white and the black products get brittle in time when exposed all the time... painting blocks the UV from getting to the plastic, so it remains like new for years.....

oldelmer1

Mine broke. Bought some cabinet hinges. Took some modifications but it’s not going anywhere soon
ffeeffafdb8cc9e6b77fd4b31e19587d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, what kind of hinge did you use? I've been looking at them on Amazon and not so good ratings..

Thanks,
Tom

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Hi, what kind of hinge did you use? I've been looking at them on Amazon and not so good ratings..

Thanks,
Tom
🤔 just an off set hinge off the shelf at Lowe’s. Can’t give much more than that. Sorry. They weren’t anyway near a “perfect fit” and had to make some radical changes to the existing door frame but none to j wrap to which the frame is mounted. So if I ever replace with the OEM door all is good
I will say I have to keep the hinges sprayed up with silicone as they’re not designed for outdoor use so much. LOL!

oldelmer1

🤔 just an off set hinge off the shelf at Lowe’s. Can’t give much more than that. Sorry. They weren’t anyway near a “perfect fit” and had to make some radical changes to the existing door frame but none to j wrap to which the frame is mounted. So if I ever replace with the OEM door all is good
I will say I have to keep the hinges sprayed up with silicone as they’re not designed for outdoor use so much. LOL!
OK, thank you.

Last edited: