Did I jinx myself ?

caokgafamily

I started a post sometime back about quality control whinning. I think some of you were a little ticked at me. I guess what goes around comes around. We are getting ready to go to Fl for New years so put the BH in drive to do some maintenance, mods and clean up. I installed a lcd in the bedroom and it turned out great. I pressure washed the outside and cleaned the awning. Then I went inside to clean up etc. I noticed something wet on the floor. It was sticky like syrup, I followed the trail to the cabinet above the fridge. My DW needs to learn how to tighten things. A bottle of pepperment snapchs tipped over and of course I tracked it in the bedroom. Then I noticed the micro clock wasn't on. To make a long story short there is a new micro in the BH now. I also picked up a surge protector. I hope nothing else happens.

Happy New year...
Steve

Fordsd250

Steve,
I doubt that you jinxed yourself, because I for one think that anything can and will stop working at some point. For me, if its something I can take care of then I see it as a chance to get to know my BH3500 a little better. Oh and good luck telling the DW she should learn how to tighten stuff better.;)

SmokeyBare

...Reminds me of the Pancake Syrup bottle that decided to launch it self out of the upper cabinet... landing between the couch and table... dumping it's contents of course... yes, it was on a Sunday...

We were moving north along the coast of Maine... Thank goodness for a local grocery store having a carpet cleaner for rent. It took quite some time to finally get all the syrup cleaned out of the carpet... Really a mess !

Marv

Pulltab

LOL, if that's ALL that happens to you .............................BE HAPPY! :) Self inflicted wounds are the worst, I know! :D

Shadowchek

In My first travel trailer I was very inexperienced in the ways of storing things in them. So we loaded everything up and away we went. when we arrived we found the a good portion of the contents of the overhead cabinets were on the floor. It wouldn't have been a big deal exept the plastic bottle of cooking oil had fallen into the middle of the carpeted area and broken. We never could completely get rid of it. It was an area that always collected dirt. Well that was a good early lesson to learn on a inexpensive unit. Now everything liquid goes into tubs so that the worse that could happen is it fills the tub.

Greg

jbeletti

...Now everything liquid goes into tubs so that the worse that could happen is it fills the tub.

Greg

I hear ya on that Greg. I put all our cleaners in a large tub on the bottom shelf under the sink. Good thing too as one of the bottles "let-go" and flooded the bottom of the tub with goo. I had to clean all the bottles of cleaners but it sure beats a messy shelf or worse.

Jim

WYWendinger

I'm glad to read all this about storage, now I'll have a better chance of not having to hose down things in the garage. Our situation is reversed, DH leaves all the tops off and unscrewed on food.

On our way to the Branson Rally last June we stopped at a rest area and I got a cold bottle of water out of the refridgerater and did not get the door latched. The full gallon of milk fill out on the floor and broke sending milk everywhere. DW not very happy with me but you do learn what to do and not to do! Happy New Year to everyone!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
OK. Here is my story. Back in 2000 we bought a Terry travel trailer with a living room slide out. The fridge door came open while traveling and a fresh gallon of milk fell out.Of course we didn't know this and when Renee pushed out the slide, the gallon of milk was squashed between the slide out and the wall.Most of the milk went to the outside of the camper so we didn't have to big of a mess to clean up.Yes camping is a learning experience. You learn as you go.