Furnace question - blower working but no heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Campers

Our furnace comes on but it blows cold air for a few seconds then shuts off.I have recycled it several times in case air was in the lines.I took the outside cover off to find the blower and motor but i didn't want to go any farther until i asked.I know the battery is good and i want to check the spark in the furnace but i don't know exactly where that is or how i get to it.The last time we used the furnace earlier this year everything was in working.
Any and all help is appreciated

snuffy

Your pressure is too low or you're just about out of gas. Swich over to the other tank. Opening the valve too quickly sometimes causes it to shut off, so open it very slowly.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
To elaborate a bit on Snuffys reply. Make sure you have LP. Try the stove top burners to see if you have pressure. If you know for sure you have gas. Close the cylinder valves and disconnect the hoses. Reconnect them and then open the valves slowly. There is a safety valve in the new style cylinders that can trip if they are opened too fast. If that doesn't help, you would be best to get to a dealer.

Happy Campers

We have plenty of propane and have been using the stove top for several days and the wife used the oven day before yesterday.

yrusohi

I had the same problem in my Cyclone. All gas appliances worked but not the furnace. Turned out to be a bad high pressure regulator. Not enough propane was getting to the furnace to keep it fired, there was enough for all other appliances though. Once the regulator was changed, everything worked fine.

alaska dodge

My heater is burning LP and will stay running but will not putting out any heat, the only heat is coming out of the exhaust. they replaced a board and that has not fixed the issue, i am taking it in the morning to get looked at again. I will have them check my regulator and see if that is bad.

Shadowchek

If heat is comming out of your exhaust and air is blowing inside your unit your furnace is running. When it is cold out the air comming out of the registers isn't going to be very warm for a while . It is pulling air from your basement and eventually inside and heating it up 20 to 30 degrees. So if it is say 40 degrees in your coach the air comming out should be 60 to seventy degrees. Get a thermometer and take your room temperature, ( Prefferably at the return grill ) Then take the temperature of the air comming out at the register to see if there is a difference. if the difference is 20 degrees or more it is working just hang in there it could take a while.

Greg

Uncle Rog

AK, at one time there was an issue with the plenum connection to the blower, if the connection is loose or not sealed the warm air just blows into the basement. Check it out if you are getting hot exhaust from the OS vent..........

Forrest Fetherolf

My heater is burning LP and will stay running but will not putting out any heat, the only heat is coming out of the exhaust. they replaced a board and that has not fixed the issue, i am taking it in the morning to get looked at again. I will have them check my regulator and see if that is bad.[/quote

AK,

If you have access to your furnace via the return air grille, remove the grille cover and verify that the 4 - 4" dia (2 on each side of furnace) vent hole covers are in place. I found one on the back side of mine not in place causing hot air to escape immediately into the return air cavity. I also resealed the connection between the furnace and plenum.

Forrest

Happy Campers

I called a dealer this morning and he said they have a tech that will come out to us since we are set up for $125.00 and i had to pay because the factory wouldn't pay for it.He also said they will test my board if i bring it to them for $25.00 and the same reason,factory wouldn't pay them for testing the board.

SmokeyBare

The Burner Chamber is connected to a Box called a Plenum... from that Box... they have heat runs that feed the heat to the various parts of the RV.

On my 3400 RL I opened the Cold air Return cover under the Refridgertor... that's where my furnace is located. I was able to reach most all the Plenum as well as the round connectors that the heat duct work connects.

I used a metal duct tape... not the fiber tape... to seal the plenum's leaks. I was able to use a hand mirror and a flash light to see on the far side of the plenum. Using plenty of duct tape... I sealed every connection I could see. I believe I improved the flow of heat to the living space of our BigHorn by doing this.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I called a dealer this morning and he said they have a tech that will come out to us since we are set up for $125.00 and i had to pay because the factory wouldn't pay for it.He also said they will test my board if i bring it to them for $25.00 and the same reason,factory wouldn't pay them for testing the board.

I would call HL and see about that, warranty should cover all for a year.... But probably not a mobile tech charge. If you talk to HL direct and explain your situation, they may go ahead and pay it.

I'd also look at using an independent repair shop vs dealer-- they have more reason to take care of you. Heartland has to approve it before hand, but they do that all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimtoo

Wonder how this thread got open? Thought they were auto closed if no post for over a year.

Closed now.

Jim M

Status
Not open for further replies.