Winter Park, Fl

Our son is going to Fullsail school in Winter Park and we'd like to go visit. We're fulltimers and would like to know if anybody has found some reasonable RV parks in the area. I did a search but only found "Resorts" that were quite expensive. When is a good time of year to visit central Florida? Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

ct0218

The weather isn't bad Oct thru Apr, but it it a little hot and sticky the other half of the year. Staying close to Winter Park will be expensive when you can find a space, and the further from Disney/Sea World area the easier and cheaper it will be. Lots of snowbirds there in the winter and that cuts down on the site availability then. Some of the resorts wouldn't qualify as a resort in other locations, but there they can get it and charge for it. I hate paying for a lot of amenities that I don't use, but a young family visiting the area will fully use a resort, and that is who they are catering to. I just looked at HOP and it appears that there is no forum member in that area right now.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Ditto what Clark Thompson put in his post. For me it is too hot from April 15 to Nov. 1. We Wintered at Sherwood Forest RV in Kissimmee, Fla (Near Orlando/ Disney World), last winter from Nov 1 to March 20. We had a 5 month seasonal rate for about $ 625.00 a month. Daily rates in popular holiday times (near Christmas, New Years, Spring Break, etc.) can get to $80.00 a day. I think Sherwood Forest is having a slower year on seasonal
reservations this winter, because they have called us a few times asking us if we plan to spend the winter there.
It is a average RV park aimed towards being fulled in the winter season with Snow Birds. We met some great poeple staying there.

Also go to Good Sams Club Web site and you can search by city for Campgrounds. Here is the link; http://www.goodsamclub.com/Default.aspx

Jimmyt5

My family lives in Winter Park off of Lee Road and we always visit them for a month in March.
The best place that I have found is in Winter Garden at Stage Stop.They have raised the rates this year but it is a good easy place to stay at that time of the year.....None

ct0218

I'm a 3rd generation native Floridian and lived just off Lee Road some years back. That area hasn't really changed that much, and what campgrounds built have all been from NW of Orlando to the S area, and almost nothing built in the last 30 years in the other directions.