Water pump very noisy

carl.swoyer

Has anyone experienced a water pump that Is very loud . Excessive vibrations that you can feel.
It was replaced once under warranty (expired now). I'm wondering if it's going bad ?
Sometimes it's quiet but mostly noisy.
What kind of water lines should be used on the inlet / outlet side.?
Thank you
Oh where is everyone getting their replacement ice maker.? Lowes or factory.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

centerline

the lines into and out of the pump should be clear poly with the braid in it, or very similar material... to reduce any vibrations, there should have a loop/coil in it right near the pump, on both inlet and outlet... this prevent the vibrations from being transmitted farther down the lines.... make sure the coil lays flat with the floor, and not standing up like a ferris wheel, so it can drain when needed.....

the poly lines usually do a fairly good job of preventing vibrations, but sometimes it still happens, the loops will stop it.

but if its sucking air, it will be much louder than normal, so check for an air leak.... check all the clamps on the lines on the pump inlet side... also check the winterizing/antifreeze ingestion valve, as if the valve handle cracks/strips out, the valve may not be switched fully, and allowing a small amount of air to be sucked in...

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You could have pump issues however this is one of the things I did the quiet pay pump up. I also mounted it on rubber pads.

Hope this helps

Jerrod

[h=1]Shurflo 94-591-01 Fresh Water Pump Silencing Kit[/h]

94-591-01__58297.1600989232.jpg

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
What the others said but too look for pex touching pex. I covered all the water lines with 1/2” tubing foam insulation for cold weather and ESPECIALLY when lines touched. Significant reduction in the pump’s chatter. Also remounted the pump on a piece of garden kneeling pad being careful not to torque it down too tightly giving the pump a chance too vibrate on the pad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Thank you all for your input.
Lots of good info here. I'll be updating my anderson valve so I want to address the pump at the same time.

Gary521

Another device that really helps to silence the water pump is an accumulator. You add this right next to the water pump.

mlpeloquin

On my Bighorn the water pump was noisy from the beginning. It was mounted using rubber shock mounts, but the rubber shock mount was smashed down with the fasteners on one side causing the water pump to touch the subfloor. I used new rubber and a folded piece of thick pile carpet under everything and it was very quiet afterwards.

carl.swoyer

On my Bighorn the water pump was noisy from the beginning. It was mounted using rubber shock mounts, but the rubber shock mount was smashed down with the fasteners on one side causing the water pump to touch the subfloor. I used new rubber and a folded piece of thick pile carpet under everything and it was very quiet afterwards.
Thank you for your response.
Lots of good info here.